This post is meant to get every one thinking about when and what to plan for.

2012 began with above normal temperatures, so many of us got an early jump on getting our legs ready for the 8th annual Sylvan Island Stampede. It's clear that this club has this race figured out; we've been getting over 100 participants for the last several years. It's the most unique and spectator-friendly race on the schedule.

We also put another Mid-West Mountain Bike Fest in the history books which completed our 2 year commitment. Nice work everyone! You all made this a fantastic time for all.

This past year ended up being the driest weather-wise and, therefore, one of the best for riding in years. I put on plenty of miles on our own trails and rode plenty of others. On Memorial Day weekend along with a good group of other FORC'ers, I made it back to Kettle for the first time in years. Blue Mound was a must with a stop at the Grumpy Troll. Can't forget Farmdale, Sugar and FDR. This was also another year for Copper Harbor; still awesome after the third year. We extended it to add a couple of new trail systems I've never been to. Marquette, MI, even though it was shortened by rain, was fantastic. Can't wait to go back. We followed Marquette with a trip to Nine Mile and partaking in Gnome Fest. We have seen the rise of the fat bike: a whole new way to enjoy our sport.

Things to look forward to this year:
•Kicking off the year with the FORC winter party/ chilly cook off on February 2 at Front Street Freight House location.
•March meeting will be held at Blue Iguana in LeClaire, IA. Of you haven't Heard FORC is buying dinner.
•The Sylvan Island Stampede - April 14
•The Memorial weekend trip this year will be at Levis Trow Mounds. If you have never been, put it in ink on your calendar. May 25-27.
•I'm going to plan a trip to the Kansas City area sometime in June. More details to come.
•FORC Fest will make its debut this year (not sure when, haven't heard of a solid date yet)
•We will also see the return of a race at Sunderbruch Park in July.
•Of course Labor Day weekend, you will find me in Copper once again. This trip will most likely be 6-7 days long with the option to just do Copper for 4-5 days

There are many other events that I encourage everyone to look into. The entire Iowa and Illinois race series, Wausau 24, and many more. Keep checking our forum. I'll also update our calendar when race and event dates become less tentative.

Here's to another year of riding with a great club and awesome friends.
So, what's on your agenda?