Thread: talk me down...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    well actually cant postpone road bike, no way in hell I am locking my 29er up outside anywhere,lol. The name Trek on it every scuzzy peice of trash within 2 miles will smell it and decend on it before even make it inside work. I thought about that idea, but just not worth the risk, $249 for a road bike is easy enough, its that whole fatbike that obviously ALL TOY for $1600 that would be the problem. But employing club help I can get one of you guys to say I bought it off you cheap when the time comes Then I think i will be ok except yelled at over a 4th bike. Better to ask for forgivness than permission lol. Btu I aint about to ask for forgiveness on $1600 so gotta hide that part hehe.

"She's one fat girl that I'm not ashamed to be seen riding." lmao, never be ashamed, just dont get caught

Oh had to add this point, roadies aint got **** on MTBers, 20miles on road on my BigBox 26" aint **** compared to 3 miles on our trails!!! Roadies can just ride forever, put them on a MTB and..... nothing against roadies but I ride more paved than trail, and trails tear me up road I gotta ride 20miles to get a good workout out of it on a 34lb MTB.
    We deal with guys that want to hide the cost of bike purchases on a fairly regular basis. We've developed some pretty effective techniques.

Also, there's no need to bad mouth Roadies. To each their own. If you really want to get down to who's cooler then I'd say cyclocross guys are the toughest. There's something about bombing hills in excess of 50mph on my road bike or winning a sprint that gets my adrenaline flowing. I have a ton of respect for guys that climb mountains.

Oh not bad louthing roadies by any means just average roadies don't ride near as hard as mtbers as their terrain is much easier. I find pavment riding relaxing and enjoy it too. The cyclocross guys and one like that ill kneel in front of, those guys are tough and got some BIG jewels! But hell I stop when I see the 10" drop on a Dh spot on sylvan.

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    We deal with guys that want to hide the cost of bike purchases on a fairly regular basis. We've developed some pretty effective techniques.
    I had a novel approach to hiding the cost of purchase to my GF...

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Also, there's no need to bad mouth Roadies. To each their own. If you really want to get down to who's cooler then I'd say cyclocross guys are the toughest. There's something about bombing hills in excess of 50mph on my road bike or winning a sprint that gets my adrenaline flowing. I have a ton of respect for guys that climb mountains.
    Werd. bombing the hills is the easy part, getting up them is HARD!!! Tigris, the QC's is maybe not the most ideal place to experience road biking, since everything in the midwest is so flat... I'm convinced that doping or not, the guys who compete in the Tour de France are amongst the best athletes in the world. I feel like i'm going to die after climbing the 485 ft high, 3 mile-long hill at the end of my road loop, I can't imagine what it's like to do the mountain sections. Those guys are hard core. Mountain biking is a whole different animal: apples and oranges man, don't knock it till you've tried it. Make a loop in davenport, from Brady st, to the East Village, climbing the hill, going over one block east & descending, then going over one block east and climbing again, repeating til you make it to Mound St or Jersey Ridge, riding as hard as you can. That might give you a different appreciation for real road biking.
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.