Thread: IMBA @ Ray's MTB Jan 19

Default IMBA @ Ray's MTB Jan 19

In case you haven't heard...IMBA will be at Ray's for a membership drive. Check it out here. http://www.facebook.com/events/110727649097022/
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Vonda and I are planning to head up on Saturday and return sometime on Sunday.

I have Sixers and Surge in my Durango with room for one more. Any takers? We'll be heading out of the QC Saturday around 6:30 or 7 AM and be back any time form 6 PM to 9 PM depending on everyone's needs.

Can't make it Saturday or Sunday.........so I'm goin up with Kings on Friday. We're coming back that night.

Have room for 2 more if anyone is interested.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

You guys HAVE to check out the hamster wheel! I think Ray and Krud spent an hour playing on that thing Saturday.
    I wanna ride!

we will, no doubt!

did either one of them make it through?!?

They did though with a little elbow tap. I would have taken video but battery died.
    I wanna ride!

The kids and I have MLK Monday off, so we are going Sun & Mon, hopefully the crowd will die down some

Trip recap?

;-)

The day started with a beautiful sunrise.
    IMG_20130119_071213&.jpg

The first rental I received had handlebars that were bent, after switching rental bikes the riding commenced. Russ got to ride his dirt jumper at Rays for the first time and he totally owned it. After about an hour, Squirrel and Vonda showed up. We rode around for a bit hitting jumps, pumps and skinnys in the gnarliest ways possible. Then Russ and I went down to get some gatorade and Russ decided he needed new pedals, so he got some new pedals. We continued to shred til lunch time when we had Domino's pizza! We hit everything we could multiple times then headed to the foam pit where Squirrel showed us up. Then he let me use his bike to get some foam. Rode everything else a good amount of times. We said our goodbyes to some LAMBA members. We left Squirrel and Vonda to shred sunday as well, Then packed up and headed to Popeye's Chicken for a 3pc Bonafide Chicken dinner and hit the road.
    vlcsnap-2013-01-20&.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-01-20&.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-01-20&.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-01-20&.jpg
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Lets hear yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Trip recap?

;-)
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

we rode.

a lot.

last time I was there was right when they were finishing up the pump track...so there's been a ton of improvements and additional lines added, especially on the XC loop and the new Micro Rhythms - which are amazing for beginners that wanna learn how to jump confidently.

after I got comfy on the Micro Rhythms, Kings talked me into hitting the Expert Jumps...actually, nearly all those jumps are rollable so it's not really a big deal. I just rolled in, checked it out, and after a few runs I started getting the hang of it - and a fuggin blast ensued.

so we jumped a lot, we rode skinnies, took a break, went to Otto's and spent a stupid amount of money on beer, got some Wendy's, drank a few beers, went back, rode some more jumps and skinnies, hit the pump track a few times, watched a dude bust his ankle right next to us on the last jump in the Expert line, and that's when we called it quits - about 5 hours of riding.

NBD.

then there were more beers, cops, driving, $14 burgers, more cops, stupid expensive tolls, more driving, coupl'a more beers, home.

and I'm sore. everywhere.

didn't take a single picture. took 84 videos and they all suck. I shot in 1080p res w/the chesty so the vertical field of view is way too narrow - you're staring down at the bar and top tube which gave me a nauseous case of vertigo. shoulda shot at 960p. so I gotta scrap all that footie which means I just have to get back up there ASAP. darn.

...the wife wants to go up Women's Weekend, which is March 15th-17th. We'll prolly go up Thurs night or Fri morning and come back Saturday night or Sunday morning...loose plans.

glad y'all made it back in once piece!

I managed to stay off the floor all day. My bike is no longer for sale. Hampster wheel was sweet, but it takes more tries than I was willing to give it. Next trip may be tough. I'm gonna be working a lot the next few months but let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    ...the wife wants to go up Women's Weekend, which is March 15th-17th. We'll prolly go up Thurs night or Fri morning and come back Saturday night or Sunday morning...loose plans.
    Do it! It helped Megan quite a bit to be more confident on the bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sunday was pretty dead! Pretty sweet, never having to stand it lines. I never saw anyone clean the hamster wheel, and only saw 2 others beside myself even attempt it. On my second try I completely flipped over and ate ****, so I quit. Hamster wheel 2, Tim 0.

My kids however, had a great time, and thats what counts!