I have been a member of the QC Women's Outdoor Club for quite a few years and they do a TON of FUN activities each year. I am posting information about the club here since mtn biking rocks, and I would imagine that if you're a gal who likes mtn biking, you will also like the stuff the QCWOC does. This mixer is geared toward socializing and educating women about the club. They are having their annual membership drive/mixer on Thursday, January 17th at Shorthills Country Club in East Moline from 6:30 – 8:30 PM and I am inviting all outdoorsy adventuresome women to check it out. There will be light appetizers and a cash bar available.

Some of the activities they did in 2012 include rappelling, orienteering, low ropes courses, high ropes courses, zip-lining, camping, learning the skills needed for adventure racing, boot camp, horseback riding, kayaking, water skiing, snow boarding, snow skiiing, snow shoeing, mtn biking, road biking, hiking, stand-up paddling, disc golf, yoga, scooter riding in Galena, shooting guns, and archery. I am sure there are plenty more activities, but those come to mind. ALL of the activities I have participated in have far exceeded my expectations (even yoga)!!

You curious but don't wanna go out on a limb and check it out alone? I plan to attend and you are welcome to join me. Mark the date: THURSDAY, JANUARY 17TH. Do it! (You won't be sorry)

RSVP’s will be accepted at events@qcwoc.com. Questions about this event can be directed to president@qcwoc.com.