Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I AM FAT - January 12, 2013

Default I AM FAT - January 12, 2013

If you're the type of person who is hedging your bets that the world might not end this Friday, we have the event for you:

Iowa's Annual Majestic Fat-ride Around Trueblood

Here's the skinny:

What: Fatbike Enduro - 3hr, 3 person team or solo
    When: January 12, 2013 12:00 - 3:00pm (registration starts at 10am)
    Where: Trueblood Recreation Area, Iowa City
    Who: Anyone with a fatbike, or anyone who wants to ride a fatbike. You don't need to own a fatbike to participate, we've got you covered! (I know, it's what we do.)
    Why: Like I said, it's what we do.

But wait, there's more: Salsa Cycles Demo Crew will be there with fatbike a-plenty!

More information coming anon.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Count me out. Those that know me would agree that these types of things interest me very little. /sarcasm

SOUNDS LIKE A BOATLOAD OF FUN.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I'm out.

F'n Saturdays.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

No fat bike here but would like to try it. Anyone driving from Davenport?

I sure am happy that I got my Vas done last year before there was legitimate stuff to do on a bike in the winter.
    Count me in!

Was that too much info?
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Haters gonna hate.

I'm going. Who in? Westy!?

Sounds too good to be true, but I'll bite.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Dearest Rage,
    Is an endurance race, with short-fat-guy-that-can't-pedal class? Or a tour (incognito 'bike pub ride')? Also, if it is a race, wife's curious if demo bikes are just for racers?
    Most sincerely,
    Guldy

It's as much of a race as you want to make it. Multi lap course, around 15-20min per lap so each person on a team will ride once per hour. Don't need to have a team in advance, we'll set that up for you. Or you can go solo and ride a dozen laps or two, whatever floats yer boat. Think of it as HFDB on a fatbike in the woods.

Demo bikes will available to anyone who wants to ride one.

Can't go wrong.
    Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I'm trying to convince my boss and a friend to go. Sounds like a blast and Raul pretty much ensured that I'll be getting a fattie before next winter.

So who is all going from the QC. I think 98 percent in. I do it have a Fatbike. Anybody wanna roll together?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
    So who is all going from the QC. I think 98 percent in. I do it have a Fatbike. Anybody wanna roll together?
    I'm heading down to cr quick first picking up a buddy then heading down.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

My buddy Joey and I are going for sure, Randy sounds like he's in, too. We'll all have to ride demos.

We will also have to demo them. Are you taking your skinny with? probably not?
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    We will also have to demo them. Are you taking your skinny with? probably not?
    Nope.

hmmm host server didnt like my first try
    Rage & all thanks for the info; good luck I've got to bow out for this weekend.

Is anyone going with their fat bike that doesn't have a team?

I'm sure there will be others there that need teammates. And they will have a bunch of demos to race, so don't worry about not having a fatty. The fatbike community/ICORR/World of Bikes/Jeff's Bike and Ski are a good bunch, you won't have to pry to find a bike or have fun.

Going to be a blast- rain, wind, slush, mud be damned.

WAY better than NFL playoffs. ;-)
    Last edited by badfish41; 01-09-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I think I'm going sixers, I've got to talk to Augie at some point and see what his plan is as well. I want to get back to the QCA pretty soon after the race, the Packers play that night at 7, so I should probably be home for that, if anyone wants to carpool let me know.

Oh, and badfish, I bet you wouldn't say that if the Bears were still playing........Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy_3 View Post
    Oh, and badfish, I bet you wouldn't say that if the Bears were still playing........Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not a chance. An awesome time with buddies riding fat bikes and drinking PBR ranks way above watching pro sports.

And it ain't even close.

Westy I don't need to go to CR anymore those guys are just driving up themselves. I'll car pool it with ya. I'm sure your ride is much nicer than mine. I can throw you some gas money or something.

My friends and ride have probably bailed on me. Blah.

I've got a team of 3 ready but no bike. Sounds like we'll get split up if we don't have a bike, so if someone was willing to rent theirs out, send me a PM with your price.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Ben, can you fit on a L?
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."