https://www.bikejames.com/strength/t...h-flat-pedals/
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    some reading, if you have some time:

https://www.bikejames.com/strength/t...h-flat-pedals/
    30 pages!!!!! I'm lucky if I can read 10 pages of my 5 year old's book

Quote Originally Posted by Westy_3 View Post
    30 pages!!!!! I'm lucky if I can read 10 pages of my 5 year old's book
    Cliff Notes Version: "I tried clipless pedals once and fell over at a stop sign because I couldn't get unclipped. Therefore, I don't believe they're better."
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    Cliff Notes Version: "I tried clipless pedals once and fell over at a stop sign because I couldn't get unclipped. Therefore, I don't believe they're better."
    Thanks, should of just said that at the very top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Thanks, should of just said that at the very top of it.
    He pretty much said as much in the first few pages. It's well written and seemingly well-reasoned at first glance, but his case is undermined by the fact that he doesn't have much experience with clipless pedals.
    Lance Lau

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Cool

Funny, I see some of the moost experienced and fastest people in this club switching back and forth between clips and flats.

I rode clipped in during my 24 hour race solo, but I ride flats when I take my fat bike over picnic tables. Ride the pedals that fit the goal for that ride and let you enjoy it the most.

And if there's an old dood on a 5 year old anthem and flats about to jump in front of you at the start of a downhill-let him in!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    Pretty much sums up my feelings on clipless

I bought a pair of platforms for winter riding since a$35 pedal set and a pair of hiking boots that I already own is way cheaper than $230 clipless boots. They're ok. My pedaling is noticeably stronger and more efficient with clipless than on flats and i feel more confident clicked in. Ymmv
    Lance Lau