Thread: I've got a $100, what light should I get?

Default I've got a $100, what light should I get?

Any great suggestions for a very bright, $100.00 light? I've been doing my research but I trust the locals, ya know?

Thanks.

Healthy Habits has a 500 lumen for ~100 bucks I believe

wait, $100 for a bicycle light?!?!?!?!?!

get two magic shines, one for your bars, one for your helmet. Mine puts out 1200 lumens, it's almost like cheating.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Search amazon for Cree XML t6 bicycle light. They are clones of the magic shines. My brother has two of them. They are pretty freaking bright. Might also want to get the $5 diffuser lense. They have a good spot, just need a little more width.

With the diffuser and two lights you should be under $85.

Now that I looked at gigantic's post it's pretty much the same light. Minus the awesome Chinese art... Haha

I picked up a Magicshine MJ-808 for my helmet and a MJ-872 for the bars. Provides more than enough light and have not had any issues with them. Total cost was around $220

Spend a little more and just get the MJ-872 for your head and that is all you will ever need. Bar lights wont do anything in the woods since your bouncing around and moving the bars from side to side a lot.

A flood light on the bars and a good helmet light is the perfect setup.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Looked into the Cree's and think I'll probably go with two of those. I watched some homeade videos and they are pretty impressive for the price range. I've gotta wonder though, can they take a beating?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I've gotta wonder though, can they take a beating?
    so far so good with mine. I'm super extra tall and have bumped branches hard with it, it keeps on going. The construction is super solid. The chassis appears to be machined out of billet aluminum. do a search on amazon and get yourself a "magic shine wide angle lens" and put that one on your handlebar light. That way, you get a broad spread of light, and a sharp, focussed beam where you point your head.
    Lance Lau

Thanks for the advice, I went with the Cree.