Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final hfdb tt of the year.

Default Final hfdb tt of the year.

When: Saturday 11-24-12
    Where: Sunderbruch Park
    What time: 2:30ish

The plan is to have a TT starting around 2:30, hang out have some food, get a fire going, and have a night ride.
    Rules are:
    1. You must be a member to enjoy the TT, but not for the rest of the event.
    2. You must wear a helmet when riding
    3. no whining

Who's going?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I'll be working.

awesome.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

In.

Gonna have to dust off the ol' 29er. Haven't rode anything but a fat bike since Moab.

TT's are always a great time.

Russhole is going to swamp everyone with his fancy new hardtail.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    I wanna ride!

In I hope! Test out these new wheels.

I'll be working. Hopefully I can buzz over for the night ride, though.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Marked on my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    In.

I wish. Can't wait to see how it stacks up to the Stump Jumper. I'm gonna ride both.

Not sure what the letters stand for but I'm supposed to work at 5 that day......however I can try to switch someone for Sunday since I'm off Sunday.

Have Fun Drink Beer Time Trial though it looks like the letters got flipped.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Not sure what the letters stand for but I'm supposed to work at 5 that day......however I can try to switch someone for Sunday since I'm off Sunday.
    Do it. These things are good fun.
    it looks like the letters got flipped.
    I had originally typed this in caps. I'm surprised I didn't see it. When it was submitted it went to lower case automatically.

Are we still on for this tomorrow even with the chilly weather? I will be there around 2 to get warmed up!

TT is still as planned. Gonna be cold, but Kickapoo up will warm you up fast.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Trail is all cleaned up (where needed) except for a tree down on Farmdale loop. I'll cut it up tomorrow for fire wood. If anyone can bring fire wood, please post up. I'll bring some charcoal to get things started. Can't wait to ride...

I have wood, I carry it with me everywhere I go.
    Last edited by Carve; 11-23-2012 at 09:15 PM.

To be asked "Do you know what time you started?" is a very hard question to answer when you aren't holding a stop watch in one hand when you are getting ready to race. Let the competence of the time keeper be real.

HA! That is the essence of HFDB!

Weird. I've been doing HFDB TTs for years, never had a problem with the timer's apparent lack of competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Carve View Post
    To be asked "Do you know what time you started?" is a very hard question to answer when you aren't holding a stop watch in one hand when you are getting ready to race. Let the competence of the time keeper be real.
    I have to assume this is yet another digg at me since until today I'm the only one who's ever timed the HFDBTT, which is cool because I do my best to partake in the HF and DB part, so I try not to let those that want to complain (which incidentally has also only been one person, ever) get to me. By the way: I tell everyone what time they are starting when they are at the line.

I'm tired of you using our website as a forum to insult me and the club that works their ass off to provide you with singletrack to ride in the Quad Cities. If you don't like us for whatever reason, fine, stop coming here and don't come to events. In other posts you've accused us of acting like high schoolers. Aren't you the guy that wanted to fight me because I got your time wrong, even though I eventually figured out where I made the mistake and corrected it? Aren't you the guy that stormed out of the park before the membership forms showed up, only to later say that "you've tried several times to give us your money....". I suck at psychology almost as much as I suck at timing TTs, but I don't think the problem is with this club.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I have to assume this is yet another digg at me since until today I'm the only one who's ever timed the HFDBTT, which is cool because I do my best to partake in the HF and DB part, so I try not to let those that want to complain (which incidentally has also only been one person, ever) get to me. By the way: I tell everyone what time they are starting when they are at the line.

I'm tired of you using our website as a forum to insult me and the club that works their ass off to provide you with singletrack to ride in the Quad Cities. If you don't like us for whatever reason, fine, stop coming here and don't come to events. In other posts you've accused us of acting like high schoolers. Aren't you the guy that wanted to fight me because I got your time wrong, even though I eventually figured out where I made the mistake and corrected it? Aren't you the guy that stormed out of the park before the membership forms showed up, only to later say that "you've tried several times to give us your money....". I suck at psychology almost as much as I suck at timing TTs, but I don't think the problem is with this club.

The theme of the time trials is "Have fun, drink beer" sure, when we get to the line our competitive juices get flowing but in the end there are no prizes for 1st place. Steve volunteers A LOT of his time for this club and the trials in the QCA, if you don't think he would rather be ridding in the TT's you are nuts. I'm sure that keeping time for these isn't the easiest when there are slow asses like myself that get passed a couple times by the faster riders in the club.

I am fairly new to this club and I don't want this thread to go in the wrong direction but everytime I have interacted with anyone in this club it has been a great time and the members have been nothing but open a welcoming to me. I wish that I could come to more FORC functions and hang out but with a wife and small kids at home sometimes it's impossible.

This will be my first time keeping time. I have it figured out and I'll try my best not to mess up. If I do, that's where rule #3 comes into play.

And now back to our regularly scheduled HF part of this HFDBTT. We got wood, a fire pit, picnic supplies and bad-ass trail. It may be cold but we got fire and beer. Don't forget your lights, food, beer etc.
    See ya there.

really bummed I'm gonna miss this one.........

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    We got wood

Thanks for setting everything up guys...I had a great time!

Sorry I missed this couldn't get anyone to switch shifts with me.... Much rather have been trying to get a R.W.I than working tonight here.