I am a fan of a show called Amazing Race, and the host Phil Keoghan is riding through Iowa City right now and will arrive in Davenport tonight. Tomorrow he will will have fans ride with him for a portion of the leg through Davenport. I have not found much about this, so I thought I would post this up. I would love to do a portion, but I do not have a road bike, so I will probably go to the rally tomorrow morning before he starts his ride.

I have been watching his web site for the info on where the rally will be held, but they have not posted, I did find this on QC Times web site...location Le Claire Park 8:30 - 9:30... Here's a copy and paste for the sorry and web links.......

http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/index.html

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/ar...cc4c002e0.html

‘Amazing Race' host to bike to Davenport:

A veteran of 15 around-the-world editions as the host of "The Amazing Race" will bike into Davenport on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Phil Keoghan, the host of the CBS-TV reality series, will be in the Quad-Cities as part of a "Ride Across America" to raise awareness about multiple sclerosis.

The 3,500-mile ride began March 28 in Los Angeles and is scheduled to conclude May 9 in New York City.

"I fly over 400,000 miles a year and I figured it was time to stretch my legs. I love to ride, so I thought I'd see what this great country looks like up close instead of taking a bird's-eye view at 30,000 feet," Keoghan said at his Web site, www.philridesacrossamerica.com. "In this economic climate, bike riding makes a lot of sense: It's good for your waistline and easy on your wallet."

Kelley De Long, a spokeswoman for the Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based North Central States Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, said Keoghan is planning his route to reach as many Bike MS 150 (a 150-mile benefit bike ride) rallies as possible, including one April 25 in Chicago.

Keoghan and several fellow riders, including a friend and his father, as well as a TV crew, are scheduled to arrive Tuesday night in the Quad-Cities. A rally, tentatively scheduled for 8:30-9:30 a.m. Wednesday, will include a short talk by Keoghan as well as time for autographs. The tentative location for the rally is LeClaire Park.

"We're welcoming him into the city and thanking him for all his efforts," De Long said.

The MS Society will use all of the funds raised by Keoghan, a 41-year-old New Zealand native, for research.

"It's definitely a mighty thing they're doing," De Long said of Keoghan and his crew.