Thread: Greetings from Colorado!

Default Greetings from Colorado!

Hey Everybody! I just wanted to say "hey" from Summit County and remind everybody that they are welcome to come out anytime this summer.

I'm heading to Fruita this weekend for New Belgium Fat Tire Fest then to Moab for a few days after that. I know a few of you went last year so any trail recommendations would be great!

Teva Mountain Games in Vail is just over a month away! The race is fantastic and I'd love to see some FORC members come out and compete! You can visit the sight at:
    tevamountaingames.com

Other than that, good job at the Stampede, I miss you guys/gals, and enjoy the season!

Moab recommendations, eh?

I am sure a few of us could help you out.

I would say top priority would be to get in touch with Coyote Shuttles and hitch a ride up to Hazard County. Hazard County takes you to an unmarked, un-named trail, then to Kokopelli's, UPS (Upper Porcupine Singletrack), and finally LPS (Lower Porcupine Singletrack). This is an epic ride that you will remember for the rest of your life.

A few others would be: Amasa Back, Slickrock, Sovereign Trail, Poison Spider/Portal...

I am sure you will be hearing from a few more of us that went with there recommendations as well.

I'll post some pics for ya later tonight

That sounds great!

by the way, here's the link with highlights to last years TMG race. Check it out:

http://tevamountaingames.mobilerider...video_id=15098
    Last edited by Palirider13; 04-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

If you're going to Fruita, take two days- 1st go to LOMA and hit Horse Thief Bench- Marys trail- and I think it's Steve's trail, take enough time to get a map and ride that whole area. VERY good riding with some incredible cliff hanging trails.

2nd day head up to 18 rode, about two miles out of fruita. There's four trails from the upper parking lot to the lower parking lot. if you don't have two cars to shuttle you'll have to decide which ones you want to do- but I would suggest at the VERY Least- Start with Joe's Ridge- it'll make you poop yourself, then do Zippity- and you'll think Joe's is a peice of cake!!

I shattered a free wheel on Zippity! Look up Joes Ridge and Zippity on youtube. The left hand corner on Zippity where the camera can't see anything but air- oooh man is that cool in real life!! SWEET STUFF!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.