Thread: Trail Rehabilitation - LT Entrance(Phase 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Nice work! I rode that section Saturday morning and was surprised at how eroded it had become. That definitely won't be a problem in the future.

Don't know if you guys got it but there was a tree down on the final climb out of LT Sat. morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    Don't know if you guys got it but there was a tree down on the final climb out of LT Sat. morning.
    ya, saw that tree too. with my extremely limited (read: zero) experience with a chainsaw I decided it would be best, and safer, to let someone else tackle it. it'll be removed this week.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    ya, saw that tree too. with my extremely limited (read: zero) experience with a chainsaw I decided it would be best, and safer, to let someone else tackle it. it'll be removed this week.
    I believe it was Russ that mentioned in another thread that FORC has a new policy regarding the usage of chainsaws in the trail systems. Can someone elaborate on that and maybe make it a sticky thread or something for future reference?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    I believe it was Russ that mentioned in another thread that FORC has a new policy regarding the usage of chainsaws in the trail systems. Can someone elaborate on that and maybe make it a sticky thread or something for future reference?
    We recently purchased chaps and other chainsaw specific safety gear to protect saw operators and minimize our insurance liability. Given that, anyone operating a saw will need to be wearing this gear and have a good understanding of the safety procedures of using the tool. In the coming months, we are going to put together a chainsaw safety course and unless someone has attended this course or has other chainsaw specific training they will not be authorized to operate a chainsaw for trail work purposes.