Thread: trouble on the trails

Default trouble on the trails

rode illinwek sunday from about 3 pm till 4:30 had lots of fun new section was well done . got over to the south loop did a couple of loops then headed back down when i got to the little bridge someone flipped the bridge up side down and off the trail we put it back the best we could but it wasnt as smooth as it was before.Then we continue down where we ran to a least 5 logs on the trail that someone purposely put on the trail we remove all the logs but killed are down hill fun.Went looking for the people who did it but didnt see anyone. Had to have just happen wasnt like that when we went up

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

That is interesting... We have never before had anyone go to those lengths to sabotage the trails. I'll talk to the Rangers about the incident and go check it out to see if we can get the bridge properly reset and anchored to prevent that from happening again in the future.

We were just out there Sunday finishing up some trail work and left at 3pm. We didn't notice anything suspicious then but we were on the North side.

Board Position

I checked it out yesterday and it looks like you guys did a good job putting the bridge back in place. Still planning on doing something to anchor all the bridges more permanently.

thats good i'm sure it was just kids playing around.Oh and i do have it on video for u if u ever need it thanks to gopro keep up the good work on the trails they r awesome

Board Position

You are probably right, just kids being mischievous. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the video if if isn't too much trouble for you.

If anyone sees anything like this getting a photo of the "damage" and sending it to me would be a good idea so I can relay it to the Rangers if necessary.

yeah we can meet on the weekend if u want works best for me u can meet me at illiniwek is cool let me know a time