Thread: Sunderbruch wooden S berm

Default Sunderbruch wooden S berm

My tires slid on some leaves on the Sunderbruch wooden S berm and I fell off of the edge and did a nice roll. Good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9df...e_gdata_player

Not that you asked, but I recommend more speed and a wider handlebar. With a bar that narrow, the front wheel is steering you more than you are steering it!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I went to wider bars this season. Think I am going back to my narrow 580's for next year. Some of it is probably my grips. I like the Ergons however on wider bars my hands don't sit on them correctly.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    I went to wider bars this season. Think I am going back to my narrow 580's for next year. Some of it is probably my grips. I like the Ergons however on wider bars my hands don't sit on them correctly.
    I can't do the Ergon thing. Seems like you can only position them for one riding position. If you set them up for max comfort when sitting down, they feel weird when you stand up and vice versa. YMMV

Good luck with going back to the narrow bars. A lot of people who have gone wide have trouble going back. My first bike had 620mm bars. Went up to 660mm, then 685 and thought that was the widest I would ever go. Then up to 700, 725, and back down to 660 for the lulz. The lack of leverage and lateral stability was not confidence inspiring. Settled on 700mm as a good compromise between comfort, control, and bar-catcher compatibility.

Looked like that hurt a little! I'd bet that going from the berm to the flat section is dicey regardless of conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Looked like that hurt a little! I'd bet that going from the berm to the flat section is dicey regardless of conditions.
    Agreed I didn't have much speed that time either. Its a bike I picked up for $25 so I can't complain, definetly looking to get a much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8l...e_gdata_player

This is Beverly Park in Cedar Rapids and doesn't show even close to everything. Very fun riding there.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Yep, it is dicey especially when the wooden ramp had moved to uneven ground. Hands down my most epic crash to date and it has had me off the bike for two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carve View Post
    Yep, it is dicey especially when the wooden ramp had moved to uneven ground. Hands down my most epic crash to date and it has had me off the bike for two weeks now.
    It went a little somethin like this

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    It went a little somethin like this
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up Spud! Of course minus about 100 very vulger obsentities that uncontrollably left my mouth.

That was quite a nasty little spill you had there...Glad you're "okay." Well, at least now I know it's survivable. I've often glanced over that edge and wondered.

Those bars do look awfully narrow. I rode w/ narrow handlebars for too damn long. I got some wider Niner bars and love 'em.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    My tires slid on some leaves on the Sunderbruch wooden S berm and I fell off of the edge and did a nice roll. Good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9df...e_gdata_player
    If you look really close u will see me on the upper trail hardly believing what I had just seen! I was glad that you were ok, b/c I was really thinking I was going to be a "first responder"!
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

"Are you ok? Check your limbs" you yelled.