Thread: Trailwork: Illiniwek - Sat. 20 Oct. @ 9:00AM

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Trailwork: Illiniwek - Sat. 20 Oct. @ 9:00AM

If the weather cooperates, we will be working on the switchback project Saturday starting at 9:00AM. Feel free to join. Tools will be there waiting for you. We will probably get some food afterwards.

I'm also going to be heading out Friday around 4:30 and working until dark.

I have plans Saturday but I can work Friday night. If you want or can I could start at 3:30 Friday night.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Board Position

I can make it at 3:30 Friday.

Board Position

It looks like we are going to finally get a break in the weather. However, still too muddy to bring out the MuckTruck so we are going to need people power.

If you have a spare wheelbarrow, please bring it with you. It will make the work go much quicker. I have 3 rogue hoes and 5 flat shovels which is probably enough, but if you have your own bring them just in case.

Tonight we made it past the half way point (sorry no photos). Half of the materials have been hauled and placed at the site. 45 more blocks and 1.5 tons of gravel to go. We have 36 hours wrapped up in the project thus far and I expect we will need another 30 to finish. If we get 15 people tomorrow that's only 2 hours of work per person! Lets get it done.

Board Position

Thanks for all the help for those who could make it out today (Bexter, Deb, Darwin, Sergio, Russ &, Jordan)! We emptied the last pallet of blocks and they are all now in their final resting place. We also put a huge dent in the gravel piles. Only a a few more wheelbarrow loads to go which will get taken care of later this week.

Photos:

Starting from where we left off on Friday.

Sergio and Darwin fighting gravity.

Russ showing us how it's done.

This is how we all felt after a few hours of trudging up the hill with heavy things.

All blocks in place but not yet finished.

Check out the rest of the images HERE.