Thread: One We'll Always Remember

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Default One We'll Always Remember

Thanks to all of the FORC'ers, volunteers and racers who came out and braved the less than ideal conditions to make the 5th Sylvan Island Stampede a success. The Stampede was the brain child of Jim Ghys and John Blair and I hope I did her justice. 155 brave souls endured the rain and mud in what one corner marshall called a rolling "minstrel show" on account of all of the muddy faces.
    I can't thank JB and the corner marshalls enough for standing in the rain for hours to help keep the racers on track and safe. The ladies in the registration tent proved yet again that the best thing I can do is stay out of their way and let them keep everything running smooth and on time. The Schwag tent ran like clockwork and the members of the NMBP did an outstanding job helping out with the cuts and scrapes that are inevitable in a bike race in these conditions. Set up and clean up crews were more than any organizer could hope for.
    A special thanks goes out to John Bernard for designing a course that would not only be fun but would stand up to today's conditions.
    `To Karen, Bexter, AG, Rage, and all of the others who got to experience the "joy" of listening to me vent over the past few weeks..................I owe you big time.
    I hope to see every back again next year and remember....the weather has got to be better than this year!!!!!!!!

PS Don't forget the ScoCoPa Frenzy and the ScoCoPa Chase on July 18th & 19th. Check the website for updates.
    Last edited by SPLASH; 04-20-2009 at 06:42 AM.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.