Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Afternoon / Night Ride at Sunderbruch - Saturday 10/27/12?

Thumbs up Halloween Afternoon / Night Ride at Sunderbruch - Saturday 10/27/12?

ICORR's Halloween Night Ride is the first weekend in November, so throwing it out there to see whether there is any interest in FORC having a Halloween ride (aside from the Halloween Parade on the 31st). The proposal:

When? Saturday 10/27/12 (assemble at Sunderbruch anytime after 4:30 to enjoy a ride in the daylight (dusk is at 5:58 PM), take a break and get a fire started in the chimnea by the Pavilion, and then go back out for a night ride).

Where? Sunderbruch Park

Why? Why not? We like to ride bikes!

If there is interest, post up! If no interest, we will go back to regularly-scheduled programming.

Depending upon the demand, perhaps we discuss bringing a grill or a crockpot of chili, etc. One thing to keep in mind is that the park closes the park gates at dark, so we'd have to park outside the gate unless our trail steward has special connections that would allow us to lock up once done. Of course, this would be a weather-dependent event.
    Last edited by Bexter; 10-15-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Keyboard can't spell.
    I wanna ride!

I'll notify the Parks Dept so hopefully that keeps the unruly Ambassador off our backs!

....and I plan on joining in for the night-riding shenanigans, sans severely strained wrist.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I just checked, I have that day and night off, so Im definately there if we do this. Having a small Halloween party at my house that night so I wont be there very late but Im in!

Question, is this a costume event???

seems like a good idea to me. I'm in.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Sounds like it might be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Question, is this a costume event???
    If you want it to be...
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    I'll notify the Parks Dept so hopefully that keeps the unruly Ambassador off our backs!

....and I plan on joining in for the night-riding shenanigans, sans severely strained wrist.
    Sweet!And, there MAY be some arm twisting...
    I wanna ride!

sounds fun to me.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Ok I'm plus 1 my brother wants to join in the fun since I've got him hooked now.

Sounds like we've got a party! Now we just need Mother Nature to cooperate. I know you all have coolers, but does anyone have a portable grill to bring?
    I wanna ride!

I do, its SMALL though, but if itll work i can bring it.

SASS and I are in. We'll bring our small grill.

.....aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....

there will be no need to worry about gates and locks and where to park. I have the key to the gate.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    .....aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....

there will be no need to worry about gates and locks and where to park. I have the key to the gate.

This calls for a WHOO HOOOOOOOO!!! Nice work Mielke!!
    I wanna ride!

IM actually getting pretty excited about this, hehe. Been looking forward to attending a club event and being I have never ridden Sunder, what better time than with all you there to make sure I dont kill myself hehe. Seriously though, I took my boy to the Take Kids riding day and that was great (I learned a bit from Bex explaining to the kids) so I cant imagine what happens when kids arent around.

Next question being, anything I could help out by brining. I have an EZ-up canopy (same I think as whoever brought one for Kids Ride) chairs, all kinds of stuff cause I prefer to live outdoors when its warm (never happens but when I used to travel for work and be goen a week or so at a time, I spent my nights in a campground living outta my truck and my tent). I have my Sonoma about on the road (drove it home today, but towing it back to friends shop tomorrow cause it cant drive back) so Ill actually have room for more than bikes. Just tell me whats needed/useful, if I have it ill put it in the truck to bring with.

There is a pavilion with picnic tables at the park, so I think we're good in terms of a "roof" over our heads and seating. Bring your grill and tongs/flipper (and whatever you're grilling) and we should be all set. I'll make a pasta salad or something to pass. Bring lights if you have 'em. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I plan to be at the park by 4:15ish.Oh! Fire wood... if anyone has some, would you bring it?
    I wanna ride!

I've got wood I can bring. How much do you think we will need?

Figure enough for maybe 3 hours??
    I wanna ride!

4pm. man half the afternoon is gone,lol. I was expecting to hit the park between 2 and 3 myself, get some riding in before we fire up the grills.

Weather actually looks promising being the fact forecast calls for rain, if we go off track record lately it should be decent out for this.

I can get there early to ride with you, perhaps 3:30. The later afternoon start is to get in a lap during daylight and then go back out for a night ride.
    I wanna ride!

... being I have never ridden Sunder...
    Sunder = Sunderbruch. You've ridden there.

ok sorry ive never really ridden there, one short pass backwards down the hill doesnt count, lol. But since i did ride up the paved hill the correct direction I have ridden there, somewhat. So Ill correct my statement "Ive never REALLY ridden there, just looked around and decided to be a tard and go the wrong way down the trail" that better, hehe.
    Last edited by Tigris99; 10-20-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Well ****.....praying I can find a bottom bracket for my bike and get it before the weekend. Funds are short and the bearings just took a crap in mine. New I should have put something better in there right away when I got this thing. Nothing else its going to sound like ass while im riding and Ill be praying crank dont break cause one side bent just a hair too. Think Lock nut coming loose had a hand in all this, what I get for not checking everything as often as I probably should,lol.

Well ****.....praying I can find a bottom bracket for my bike and get it before the weekend. Funds are short and the bearings just took a crap in mine. New I should have put something better in there right away when I got this thing. Nothing else its going to sound like ass while im riding and Ill be praying crank dont break cause one side bent just a hair too. Think Lock nut coming loose had a hand in all this, what I get for not checking everything as often as I probably should,lol.
    If it's square taper then I have one. It's yours for 5 bucks. If you want it bring your old BB so we can make sure they have same shell and spindle width.

Looking at extended forecast, there is a chance of rain leading up to our Halloween ride Thursday night and Friday morning (and chilly temperatures). Stay tuned. If it's too wet to ride the trails, perhaps we put together an early afternoon bicycling pub crawl as an alternative...
    I wanna ride!