Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
FORC actually has received thousands of dollars in donations, as well as a $5,000 grant just this year. It has been said that a couple companies would have been willing to donate more if we were 501(c)(3), but regardless of the information that Drew posted earlier, I know FOR A FACT that at least two companies have claimed their donations to FORC on their taxes. What kind of actual "deduction" they received, I have no idea.
Yes, I'm aware of the money we have received, but how many organizations might have done there homework before approaching FORC about donation and never did because we're not 501(c)(3)? Or, if we wanted to pursue donations from organizations, how many would decline because we are not? Unfortunately, as long as we're not an IMBA chapter we will never know those answers. Okay, having 501(c)(3) may not guarantee we get huge donations, but having it does give us more potential to do so. Listen, I'm not saying being an IMBA chapter is right or wrong for FORC since I no longer live in the area, I just wanted to illustrate that we need to get past the 'less returns in membership fees' topic to really see the big picture here.