Thread: IMBA Chapter Program, is it right for FORC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

These are identical to the conversations LAMBA had. The membership hit is actually pretty complicated to fathom/model all the possibilities but if approached correctly can be minimized. Some of your members are already IMBA members and you will get a cut of that now. If you can convince others to "donate" the extra they would normally pay over the amount of a basic IMBA membership directly to FORC then effectively the % is less than 60.

One extra 500 dollar donation from a business because you are 501c3 makes up a good chunk of your loss.

Having reserves is important but smart people will be able to full that gap in less than 2 years.

My 2 cents.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

So FORC gets 40% of IMBA's dues? Sounds like a good deal. And my wife and I save money by getting a FORC membership for free when we pay our IMBA dues.

Donations as a 501c3 without spending a couple of years and thousands of dollars? Sounds cool.

More time for drinking riding and building by the peeps doing membership stuff- priceless.

I don't ever see FORC Losing its "club" feel. Its too much of who we are AND who we want to be. We''ve done amazin g things with almost zero dollars because every time we open a park, we get 20 local doods who join up to help.

As mountain biking has grown so have the expectations from land managers and mtbers. I think this allows those who have vision to have a better chance of developing that vision. If I can't see your vision, I''ll ride my bike and hope what you do works out.

Enough chit chat. Next meeting, call a vote. I vote go for it.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.