Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
Here's my view...

According to a membership page on IMBA's site you are giving payment options ranging from 20.00 to 1000.00. For individual and 50.00 to 1000.00. Lets just say we have a bad year (pour turn outs to events due o rain ext...) and the average of 30.00 paid by each 125 members. That's 3750.00 paid in and we only get 1500.00. Now keep in mind our insurance policy is now 1200.00 a year. Not leaving us much.

According to the info provided. There is also a 500.00 enrollment fee. Really? We have to get them more cash?

FORC and ICORR have gotten in the habit of having TT's as a way for membership drives. You have to be a member to be covered under our insurance policy. Can you join multiple chapter clubs? If so isn't IMBA double dipping? I only need 1 IMBA membership.

I can see the advantage of having a 501(c)3. Something we have talked about in the past but the cost out weighed the advantages. Maybe it's time we look into it again before deciding on the chapter program.

Having IMBA manage our membership roster and renewals would be nice. But at a 60% take seems pretty steep.

I realize there other things IMBA has to offer, none of which seems significant to myself.

I'm clearly not sold.
One of the most important things to the club just might be that 501(c) 3 as it would open us up to donations that we have not gotten in the past due to the lack of that status. I mean how many times in the past has someone said, hey I want to donate money or what ever to the club but when they found out they couldn't write it off they backed off. How much money and what ever have we lost just for that one reason?

There are always going to be things we don't like, but when you look at the over all picture there are more good things than bad! VOTE YES!

JB