Thread: 2012 Halloween Parade

Board Position
    President

Default 2012 Halloween Parade

Once again this year FORC is signed up for The City of Davenport's Halloween Parade. I actually got a call from them this afternoon making sure we will be there. Last year we managed to get best costumed. I will be posting details after the 7th when I receive them.

So FORC'ers I have to ask, will we be stepping up our game this year? To be honest I'm not sure we ever had "game". I believe it was more luck. I'll make sure we will have candy and we are more than welcome to use my van. Maybe load the trailer?

More details to come....
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Gumby is in!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Who will be creating costumes around the chariot ?

I will let the Rafiki Riders know of our involvement and invite them to ride with us. They have some contacts with the "conference bike"

FUN FUN FUN!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Somebody needs to dress up like a park ranger and chase around the chariot yelling "Im the ranger! Please stop riding in that home made chariot thing!"
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Who will be creating costumes around the chariot ?

I will let the Rafiki Riders know of our involvement and invite them to ride with us. They have some contacts with the "conference bike"

FUN FUN FUN!
    Jonas has been talking about getting a hold of FORC about this. Let it be a race to see who gets in contact with who first?

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Somebody needs to dress up like a park ranger and chase around the chariot yelling "Im the ranger! Please stop riding in that home made chariot thing!"
    LOL
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    Who will be creating costumes around the chariot?
    The thought of FORCers in togas is in itself a bit disturbing -- well more so the threat of will happen WHILE in togas... Add Chariots of Fire blaring in the background to that (without lighting the bike chariot on fire). Hmmm.
    I wanna ride!

Man i may have to try and get off work just to drive down there to watch the parade just to see what you guys do cause the comments so far are kinda ummm.....interesting.....lol

Holy crap check out craigslist there is a horse drawn tribe on there lmao. Perfect chariot!!!!!

I will dress like a Roman warrior if someone will pull me in the chariot. I will spike up my mohawk paint it red and put gold paint on my head in the shape of a helmet. I already have the Romanesque outfit picked out. Cannady, you know you want to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimpin' View Post
    I will dress like a Roman warrior if someone will pull me in the chariot. I will spike up my mohawk paint it red and put gold paint on my head in the shape of a helmet. I already have the Romanesque outfit picked out. Cannady, you know you want to do it!
    Hell, I'd pull you to see that! Cannady, is the beer chariot available for the Halloween parade?
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Hell, I'd pull you to see that!
    dress the bike as a horse.... you can be riding that horse.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
    dress the bike as a horse.... you can be riding that horse.
    I wanna ride!

I don't know, yet, what the future of the BEER CHARIOT!! holds.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    President

Here's the info. For all that did it last year, we are pretty close to the same spot as ast year. Opposite side of the block from Great River Brewery. Look for my van parked between Pershing & Iowa on 3rd ST. We are #43. If anyone knows where the FORC banners are, it would be great to have it before so that I can figure out the best place to put it on the van. Any other questions feel free to ask.

2012 HALLOWEEN PARADE

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Line up begins at 5:45 P.M. – Parade steps off at 7 P.M.
    We encourage everyone to have fun and to delight those viewing the parade. Please dress up in costumes and decorate your floats, cars, trucks. There is no theme this year. On behalf of Mayor Bill Gluba, and the Davenport City Council, we thank you for participating in the 2012 Halloween Parade.

Please refer to the enclosed 2012 Halloween Parade Lineup Map, to locate your exact placement for line- up. Lineup number is in red; purple denotes amount of space allotted.

• Line up begins at 5:45 P.M. Streets close at 5:30 PM. Please do not attempt to line up before 5:45 P.M.

• Entering the parade staging area instructions- please follow as large units will be unable to turn around:

#1 through #25: Enter from E. 4th Street, south on LeClaire, right on E. 3rd
    #26 through #52: Enter from E. 4th Street, south on Iowa LeClaire, right on E. 3rd
    #53 through #68: Enter from E. 4th Street, south on Iowa St.
    #Z: QC Zombie Pride marchers: Line-up on Pershing between 4th St.and 3rd St
    All Bands: assemble in Mid American lot at E. 3rd & Iowa

• Check in with Parade Staging Volunteers (Davenport Noon Optimist Club) wearing green vests. Give them your parade entry number/or name of group. They will direct you to your specific position.

• Drive in the middle of the street as units are lining up at the curb. Leave the middle lanes open for other units to get into position.

• Judges stand is in front of the Figge Art Museum – look your best. (Winners are notified on Tuesday, November 2. Parade trophies are awarded by Mayor Gluba and the Council on Wednesday, November 7, Davenport City Hall.)

• Candy may not be thrown. Please have walkers hand out candy along the sides of the street.

• Please review the Parade Route Map for disbanding which is north/or left off E. 2nd Street on to Iowa Street; right on E. Third to Leclaire; left at LeClaire to E. 4th.

• Safety Volunteers are new to the parade. They will be asking children and families to stay close to the curb when candy is thrown out. Need help see volunteers in yellow safety vest.

Dustin tells me we will have the two new FORC banners by Wednesday.

Fester Jones is coming and he's bringing my BEER CHARIOT!! Is someone pulling Fester or is Fester pulling the Roman warrior? How long is the parade path? I hope the BC!! can handle a heavier load for an extended stretch. I'm not sure that's been tried before. Fester is a dense 210 lbs (space weight) and a little concerned that'll be a lot stress on the ol' axles. Maybe if Zach B were the warrior...I mean, that'd be great. Pretty sure a case of Bud Light outweighs the Zach Attack.

Whatever. I'm sure it will be fine. Just need to know who's pulling who.

**Also, I noticed that we have a ton of Fester horns in storage. Does anyone need one for their bike for the parade? Don't recall what they cost, but if you want one, say so here (someone else post up the price) and I'll bring them out. It'd be awesome if every bike had a Fester horn. We could make all kinds of racket rollin' down the street.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

The Roman Warrior is needing to be pulled. If no one can Drew said he would pull me. The ol' axles should hold me because i am 30 pounds lighter than Fester.

I have the banners. What time do you need them? I am only a few blocks from the start point so you can stop by if you like. Put me down for a Fester horn.

BTW...563-320-4475 if you wanna pick up banners.

Board Position
    President

Nice work every one, nice work!

It was most wonderful seeing all my friends again. I've been away too long. BEER CHARIOT!! is fun but not as fun as riding trails. I hope to see you out on the trails this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

"Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

That was a good time. Even managed to get a few shots of the festivities.

The rest are in this gallery: http://www.hansonphotodesign.com/halloweenparade12