Thread: Trailwork: Illiniwek: Wed. 26 Sept. @ 5:30

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Trailwork: Illiniwek: Wed. 26 Sept. @ 5:30

I'm planning on starting a segment of the lower reroute on the creekside switchback climb this week. This segment will allow us to transport materials needed to build a switchback turn up the hill once completed. Meet at 5:30 in the parking lot and I will provide tools to those who RSVP.

Sending out my RSVP!:)

~Michelle

I'll be there, brining my tools since the turnout has been awesome the last few times! The big berm we made last week had a crack in it this weekend, looked like some sort of creature dug underneath it or something

dudes this just isn't working out for me. i was told i'd be working at least ten hours tomorrow, prolly 12.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Moles burrowed through the section we added to the larger berm last week and managed to undo a lot of compacting effort in less than 24 hours. The super dry soil makes it difficult to get the soil properly compacted and moles seem to have a sixth sense for finding loose soil.

Don't sweat it Russ, I'm planning on having a weekend workday soon which should be more accommodating to many people.