Thread: Riding Sylvan on Sunday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Riding Sylvan on Sunday

I just bought my son his first real mountain bike yesterday at Healthy Habits. I promised to take him riding this weekend so Saturday is his 6th birthday party but Sunday we're heading to the Island. Probably around 10:30ish maybe 11. If anyone wants to help a little guy out on his first trip riding trails come joins us.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

I've been meaning to take my 6 year-old out as well, so I might join you. He only has a coaster-brake bike, though. We will stick to the "smoother" trails for a while.

What model did you buy your son?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    I've been meaning to take my 6 year-old out as well, so I might join you. He only has a coaster-brake bike, though. We will stick to the "smoother" trails for a while.

What model did you buy your son?
    The Specialized Hot Rock. It is his first bike without the coaster brake so we rode alot yesterday and will today if the rain stops to practice. They are expensive (I at least think so) for a kids bike $350.00. But I asked both sets of grandparenst to chip in because he wanted a bike like mom and dad with shifters and a front shock. It was actually a very cool experience to let my son walk into Healthy Habits and pick out whatever bike he wanted. I'm 40 years old and I've still never had a new bike, even when I was a kids my mom got them from garage sales. So I felt like the coolest dad ever letting him pickout whatever he wanted until I flipped over the price tag (how to I explaine to mom I just let my kid have a bike that cost more then hers does. But I hope to see you there Sunday and we will also stick to the smooth trails.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

You bought the gift that keeps on giving! I had a carbon copy experience this spring when I took my daughter to Healthy Habits to buy her first MTB. The look on her face and the pride gleaming off her when she rolled that bike out the door was priceless. We would ride with you Sunday if we were available but unfortunately we are not. Way to rock dad!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

That is great to hear guys!!!! This is not thread hijack but please check out this event. Hope you can bring your kids back then as well. And still looking for volunteers.

http://www.qcforc.org/showthread.php...ay-October-6th
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

That's a great bike. My daughter has one and she loves it. Way to go Dad!