Thread: Which trail for out of towner?

Default Which trail for out of towner?

Coming down to the Quad Cities for Labor Day weekend. I've ridden Sunderbunch once in 2010 and raced at Sylvan Island in 2011.

So, suggestions welcome: should I return to Sunderbunch again or ride Scott Co park? I'll be staying in Davenport, so both are close enough.

I probably have about a 3 hour window for riding.

Sunderbruch has gone through some changes since your last visit so if you enjoyed your ride there in '10 I would suggest a return.

Along with Sunder and Scott County Park, consider Illiniwek Forest Preserve. Amazing flowing downhills. You'll ride over 5 miles and not even know it. Tons of fun.

Rule of thumb with the QC trails (IMO)
    -Sunder for technical (full loop is approx 6.5 miles)
    -Scott County for miles - 1 full lap is approx 11 miles.
    -Illiniwek for swoopy, flowy "earn your dirt" downhills, about 5 miles for a loop.

I'd offer to ride with ya but Saturdays don't work for me. I'm sure someone will post up to show you around.

Have fun!
    Last edited by jimithng23; 08-31-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Sunderbruch has gone through some changes since your last visit do if you enjoyed your ride there in '10 I would suggest a return.

Along with Sunder and Scott County Park, consider Illiniwek Forest Preserve. Amazing flowing downhills. You'll ride over 5 miles and not even know it. Tons of fun.

Rule of thumb with the QC trails (IMO)
    -Sunder for technical (full loop is approx 6.5 miles)
    -Scott County for miles - 1 full lap is approx 11 miles.
    -Illiniwek for swoopy, flowy "earn your dirt" downhills, about 5 miles for a loop.

I'd offer to ride with ya but Saturdays don't work for me. I'm sure someone will post up to show you around.

Have fun!
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Well, I got in an hour ride this morning before the rain started. I love the new additions, especially the Jubilee trail! That was a fun one.

Last time I was here Kickapoo was unridable, that was a nice one too. Very fast...

I'll definitely be back.