Thread: Course Marshalls - Taming o'the Slough

Default Course Marshalls - Taming o'the Slough

Attention Race Fans! The Taming of the Slough is on Sept. 15 this year and FORC has committed to overseeing the MTB portion of the race on Sylvan Island. So, we need volunteers to course marshall on the island. The race starts at 8am and volunteers will be done, cleaned up and eating/drinking free pizza and beer by noon. Many non-MTBers run this race, so let's show them, and the community, how cool FORC is. Please post up here or let Dave B know if you can help. mmmm free pizza and beer

Gonna miss out this year due to vacation. :(
    I wanna ride!

Althought I'm not an official supporting member of FORC (yet), I would be more than happy to volunteer if you'll allow it. If you do allow it, is there anything I need to do on my end - other than just show up - to get the process moving?

Thanks.

As always you can count on me plus one!

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I'm willing to help out in any way I can

Thanks volunteers. Now who else is in? Need a couple more to keep the hordes safe. Please post up here. Race starts at 8am, so we will meet in the Sylvan parking lot 8ish and get in position, should be done and drinking beer by noon.

The Hollands are in of course.

I'll be there

Default Great!

Also want to mention that Great River is tapping a Golden Keg at 1.

I'm volunteering wherever River Action puts me, chugging Bent River beer and jamming pizza into my face by noon, hopping on my bike and getting to Great by 1 for the tapping.

I'm in to volunteer! I'll come down on Friday night to help set up, also, if needed.

Hey Course Marshalls! Thanks for volunteering! We will meet tomorrow at Sylvan Island about 8 -8:15 am. Bring whatever supplies you may need; cooler with beverage, a lawn chair is kind of nice, shouldn't need a rain coat this year. I will give you a walkie talkie and a spot to stand in. Then we just watch the wheels go round & round. Thanks again, see you tomorrow.

Janel and Kickstand will be down to assist in court marshall.

Thanks to all you FORCers out there today. Your presence was very much appreciated. I tried to thank as many of you as I could on my final lap.

Great big sloppy Thank You! to all the Course Marshalls that braved the beautiful weather to keep the Taming racers safe. Thanks to Dan and River Action for putting on a great race and being thoughtful enough to run pizza over to the island for the Marshalls. Great job everybody
    db

Had a great time, thanks to all who came out! I second DB's thanks to Dan and those that sent pizza to us, that was awesome!!

Just stumbled across a big ol picture of Russ in the QC Times today racing across the bridge.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Just stumbled across a big ol picture of Russ in the QC Times today racing across the bridge.

Nice 1 :-)

http://qctimes.com/taming-slough/ima...2140ca8c5.html
    Get out and ride !!

Thanks to all FORC members who volunteered. My wife and I had a great day. It was our first time riding Sylvan Island and you guys and gals made it much better.Thanks again, Ken.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Flats and knee pads.... getting ready for Moab, Russ?

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Byke Dood View Post
    Fester is staring right at me.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Special thanks to the course marshal's out there. It helps having your friends cheering for you during a race.

Good work to all the FORCrs that participated. Lots of trophies went to FORC peeps, as well they should have. We're an active group, yo.

Shout out to Neips for killing it and Kings for coming in runner up. Russ backed up all the talk, but I see the quote in the paper something about a "Dream Team", ahem, the dream team retired as a team last year after winning the 3 person Taming title. ; ) Good work.

As always, FORC represented exceptionally as we always do. Proud to be a part of it.

Cheers!

Oh, and congrats to Michelle 5-0 for retaining her crown as Queen of the Slough! How many years in a row is that now?
    Last edited by badfish41; 09-17-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes