Thread: New Date: Sugar Scramble 16 Sept

Default New Date: Sugar Scramble 16 Sept

The new date for the Sugar Scramble is September 16. This is on the same day as Iowa's Best Dam Triathlon which uses Sugar Bottom Road in the bike leg. Please avoid the back route and use Dubuque Street / Mahaffey Bridge Road on race day to avoid potential conflicts or delays from the triathlon participants.

We're making a few minor adjustments as well, which include:

- Updated course maps (just some slight tweaks)
    - New start time for the 11:00am "wave" - now going to be at 12:00pm (updated schedule here)
    - Kids race (9 & under) will be an untimed time trial start rather than a mass start

*Online Registration*
    Online registration is now back up and available at USA Cycling.
    Anyone who registered online will be carried over to the 16th date. If you registered previously and are unable to make the 16th date, let us know and we can process a refund for you.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and continued interest in trying to do a makeup date this year.

See you all on the 16th!
    Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

see ya on the 16th.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Looking forward to it! Full weekend with the Taming of the Slough on Saturday!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

So who's going? I have room in the jeep
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Just a reminder to avoid Newport/Sugarbottom Road to get to the Scramble tomorrow.

Tomorrow the Iowa's Best Dam Triathlon will use Sugar Bottom Road in the bike leg. Please avoid the back route and use Dubuque Street / Mahaffey Bridge Road on race day to avoid potential conflicts or delays from the triathlon participants.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Get out and ride !!

Bad ass race yesterday. My first Scramble.

Great job Mielke finishing in 10th place sport class. Very good competition in Iowa City and you were right there...only about 90 seconds out of first place. Nice job by E-Dub and Lee also. Schnauf didn't DFL! Nice 'Stache you had there. ; ) Thanks for cheering us on CG, Byke Dood, Anna, Steve...I'm sure there were others there, sorry.

Thanks to Rage for being a cool dude to hang out with- good work in your race also.

Looking forward to next year.
    Last edited by badfish41; 09-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Definitely had a good time yesterday! First ever MTB race and pulled off a 6th in Cat3...I think I better start pedaling harder after seeing how gnarly some of the Cat1/2 guys/gals are!

My first time in Cat 2 at the scramble! The competition was awesome! I could not believe how long I rode in a pack. Nice work guys, can't wait to do it again next year.