Thread: Bike/Backpack Camp Outting

Default Bike/Backpack Camp Outting

I spoke with a couple Forc'rs briefly about heading out on a self contained bike n camp trip but have seen nothing in here as I have dug around. This is my first post here so hope I am doing it in the correct location. Speak up if you are ready to load your backpack, saddle bags and head due east on the Hennepin Canal Trail for a evening of camping and drinking under the stars. Thinking it would start in Colona Il. and go to Wyanet Il. A support vehicle would be o.k. for extra food n drink but do Not be afraid to lug the bare essentials as this is what it is about. GuerrillaBikeFare if you will?
    Last edited by Dust'n; 08-30-2012 at 02:28 AM.

I'm in depending on which weekend. Sounds like fun.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

On a similar theme to yours except with throttles, we are going to do a motorcycle vaca in a couple weeks to meander through Northern Wisconsin, take in the sights, frolick in the lakes, camp, hike, etc. The bicycle side of things would be just as fun! We're interested but depends when. Thanks for spearheading this DC!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I am interested just depends if the weekend works out.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Vice President

hey becky when do you plan on goin? i might be in for this and also how long do you plan on goin? like 3 day weeknd or whole week?

We are leaving Friday, Sept. 14th, and will be gone through Thursday, Sept. 20th. Then leave on Friday, Sept, 21st, to head to the Farmdale Fest.
    :)
    I wanna ride!

Holland said something about the first weekend in October. Waiting for him to weigh in on this one.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

1st weekend in October will be looking for help with TKMBD. It however will be done and wrapped/cleaned up by 1pm. So people could volunteer in the morning and then head off for a ride!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I could be very interested the last weekend of September as Anna will be out of town and I will need something to do.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I'm out the first weekend of Oct. The rest of 'em are open.
    I wanna ride!

We were planning on the first weekend of October, but it was really just boozin' talk. Last weekend of September works fine for me, let's do it!

Our plan was to leave from Colona, probably park at my parent's house (they have a huge yard), and head up the canal. I'm sure there will be some rest stops along the way, but we'll ride until we don't feel like it anymore, camp and head back the following day.

I will be riding my Xtracycle, so my B.O.B. trailer will be available for someone if they would like to use it. Requires a 26'er.

-S

Moab trip is Sept 28-Oct 7th.

I'd love to do both, but doubt the guys will wait for me to get back before leaving for Colorado.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

We could always do two.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

This is something I would be interested in as well. I might take your offer on borrowing the BOB trailer Steve.

I'm interested.

It's official, this is happening the last weekend of September (29-30th). The plan at this point is to park at my parent's house in Colona (they live less than a block from the path) and leave Saturday morning. I'm thinking a good departure time will be around 9-10am or so. Of course anyone is welcome to leave wherever/whenever they want and meet up, but it'll be more fun with the group .

How far we go is still up in the air, but I'm hoping for about 50 miles or so.

We have about 10 or so already confirmed, post up if you're in!

Steve and I talked over the weekend and decided we are gonna camp in his parents back yard Friday before the ride. Saves time and ads for more fun. I might bike out from home to this but is still possible to take my van to Colona. I think this is a good idea since things in the morning always take longer that you think and takes even longer for other. Either way...hope to see you all there.