Thread: An Open Notice to all Trail Users

Default An Open Notice to all Trail Users

ATTENTION:

To the person(s) responsible for building unapproved trail features - jumps, berms, log piles - at Sunderbruch Park:

Work *CANNOT* be performed within this trail system without approval from the City of Davenport Parks and Rec Dept under the supervision of QCFORC.

FORC is just like you - we all like jumps, berms, and other features to play on. Get in touch with us. Together we can build more features like these within the trail system.

Unapproved features jeopardize the use of the trails for *EVERYONE*, not just mountain bikers.

The "rogue" features have been removed. While a few of them were pretty dang fun to ride, FORC can not condone this type of activity.

The trail care crew is putting together the Trail Proposal for 2013...If you have ideas on what you'd like to see at Sunderbruch, let us know about it!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

And... uh... PLEASE don't say you didn't notice the 900,000 FORC emblems plastered on every sign, log, tree, rock, and leaf and so you didn't know where to look for info, cause I think that would make my head explode.

If you want to build stuff right (and its a good thing we're in a drought, cause some of your stuff didn't take into account the SERIOUS water problems uyou would have had otherwise) start here:

http://www.imba.com/catalog/book-trail-solutions

Several of us have copies of this book AND have been through the trail building classes from the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA).

This was my last design/build project:

We need a couple more of these only smaller, and I'm moving to Cedar Rapids for a job... so FORC is gonna design and build'em, we could use your help.

Seriously, we LOVE having more people help, and we WILL give you things to do that will make your knobby tires drool. Post up!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.