The grandfather has retired and passed the torch to the younger generation...

Ladies and gentleman, I bring you.......

What: 2012 Epic Road Trip
Where: Moab, Fruita, Grand Junction
When: Leave Sep 29 in the am, back home Oct 7 in the am

Allz I need to know is the Who: ?

Give a holla!

--- a few details to consider ---

Based on the '08 and '10 trips, figure $300 for lodging and fuel expense. Most of us spent between $600-$800 depending on how much you drink, eat, drink, and buy or if you bust any parts or rent a bike.

Speaking of renting a bike...everything in Moab is rideable on most any mountain bike that you would think of taking out there. How much you enjoy yourself is the question. You may want to think about renting a bike for a few of the rides in Moab. Uranium Cycles, Poison Spider, and a few other shops right there in town have some pretty sweet rental fleets and prices are reasonable.

Last but absolutely nowhere near least, you must be self sufficient.

Read that one again: Self Sufficient.

This means: hydration pack stuffed with spare parts (chain links, tubes, CO2, pump, derailleur hangers, chain tool, multitool, etc....), plenty of water, and nutrition. Most days you'll be lunching trailside. Know your bike. Know how to make simple repairs trailside - replacing a tube, repairing a chain, tightening a spoke, etc.

You'll be putting in over 20+ miles a day on some crazy chunky terrain for most of this trip. The last thing you want is the ride of your life turning into a death march. it happens in the blink of an eye and trust me, it's no fun.

"FORC Goes West" is not a trip to miss out on. You'll create memories and bonds that will last a lifetime, all from 6 days of riding a bicycle.

So, who's in?!!?