Thread: Directional

Default Directional

I was riding illiniwek today and almost slammed into a couple oncoming to me. Is it possible to directionalize these trails? Its pretty much a figure 8 which is why i crossed them 3 times.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Where did the incident(s) occur? There are a few blind corners on the downhills we are working on placing warning signs. The trails are probably not going to be directional unless user conflicts become a big problem, which they don't seem to be at this point. Remember, if a rider is descending, it is their responsibility to yield to those climbing and at all times to ride within the limits of control in case they need to stop suddenly. When approaching a blind corner (from either direction), I have found it helpful to give verbal warning before going around and be prepared for someone to be on the other side.

making a trail one way is not always the answer either. At a small park like Illinewek, riding the trail both ways basically give you more trail. There are two long mostly downhill runs in the park. If there are other people in the park you may want to avoid going up these runs. Where are they? on the North loop, it's the last part of the loop going counter clockwise. Right under the lookout. On the South loop it's the first 3/4 of a mile or so if you run counter clockwise. Always give a "WHOO!" when going around a blind corner.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Understood. Good advice. Thats why you are the quad cities mtn bike godfather. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

And thank u too DH

Sent from somewhere