Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palos Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    You guys packing some mud tires?
    Man, Sunderbruch will be rideable in 3 hours!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Haha. I wish it were a little sticky for this race, at least.

If anyone is up there overnight and looking to split a motel room, Jeff and I are heading up looking for people to do just that with. Get at me, my phone # is 3092691352.

I went to wash my bike to get ready for the race and put on my new bash guard. Ended up changing the rear shifter cable 'cause the housing pulled out of the shifter and was messed up, saw a wicked thorn in my back tire so i pulled it and found out all the sealant dried up, so i pulled the tire off to clean and reseal it. I thought I may as well do the front while i'm at 'cause it's tubed. Found out the rim tape was bad so I ran to Healthy for that and a shifter cable. when i was all done, i found out i put the front tire on backwards. I ended up spending about 5 or 6 hours working on my bike.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I crashed on Wednesday night (surprise!) So I went through mine today. Bent the rear rotor a bit so I bent it back, then put faster tires on. Couldn't get to the trails before they kicked us out, but the grass is a little wet. It had just quit.raining before we got to the city. Looks like they got quite a bit more rain than the QC did, so take it for what it's worth.

Race recap: Expectations exceeded. Had to start in wave #2 based on age (2 minutes after wave #1 which included ages 30-49) - caught and passed 132 people from wave #1, and finished 13th out of 236 overall. Can't believe I didn't loose my voice from all the "on your left/right". Looked like Jake/Mielke/Russ were killing it too.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I saw all of you guys killing it at the Meltdown. Sure that radiation didn't give you super human powers for the day? Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    I saw all of you guys killing it at the Meltdown. Sure that radiation didn't give you super human powers for the day? Nice work!
    Damn! I must have been going too fast to get a picture!
    Last edited by badfish41; 08-07-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Russ charging uphill at the start :-)

Get out and ride !!

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Race recap: Expectations exceeded. Had to start in wave #2 based on age (2 minutes after wave #1 which included ages 30-49) - caught and passed 132 people from wave #1, and finished 13th out of 236 overall. Can't believe I didn't loose my voice from all the "on your left/right". Looked like Jake/Mielke/Russ were killing it too.
    I feel you Ben. I was in wave 2 also. I passed 76 people from wave one and finished 60/216.
    I was Haulin' booty on the second lap and Mielke and Jake still had me by a minute+ nice work dudes

hey wait a minute Mielke didn't write down a team name. wazupwidat?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    hey wait a minute Mielke didn't write down a team name. wazupwidat?
    I noticed that too...I wrote FORC down on my waiver, dammit!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

136th out of 236 for me. Passed a ton of people as I started in wave 2, also. I loved the course and had a ton of fun. Just on the edge of my technical ability and pushed me to my limits. Good to see such a large group of FORCrs out there, too. Glad we didn't get pegged with $75 glass bottle tickets, either.

I am kind of late posting but better late than never. Thanks to all the Forcers that helped me out. Jake Aaron and Russ for a fun ride over. I had a great time! I was in the first wave of the novice class and got a great start. I ended up 26th out of 237 and 12th in my age class. Not to bad! Fun trails! Can't wait til next year