Thread: Palos Meltdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last year they did starts based on age groups- with the 30-39 class going off first. That was nice being we were the first to hit the woods and didn't have anyone to pass after.

I was excited when I crossed the finish line first, until I saw the results and a 40 and 20 something year old did it in a faster time. I was pretty happy with 3rd out of 100+

I thought it was a pretty good course- it obviously gets ridden a whole lot, similar to Sugarbottom. There are a few rough spots, but I didn't have to get off my bike and or wipe out.

It's a big time race- the atmosphere is awesome and there are tons of booths and vendors set up. I would like to go again this year, so let me know and we can get a good FORC representation again. I plan on doing sport even though you have to do the comp class to qualify for Illinois championship points. Comp class is like 22 miles so no thanks this year.

And really if it is a tough course, don't you want to challenge yourself and become a better racer/ rider?
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    a 40 and 20 something year old did it in a faster time.
    They must have a decent amount of time between waves, or a decent amount of places to pass.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"