Thread: Red, White and Boom fireworks - Tuesday 7/3/12

Default Red, White and Boom fireworks - Tuesday 7/3/12

Jon and I are going to ride our bikes down to the river area to watch the Red, White and Boom fireworks show courtesy to the Cities of Rock Isand and Davenport this Tuesday. No real set plan as far as where we will end up, but I do know we are going to meet at the Rock Island Bent River Brewery at 7 PM on Tuesday. The Front Street Brewery Tasting Room is also on the list as well. Fireworks are scheduled for 9:30PM. No idea where we will be viewing them from but wherever it turns out to be, it will be fun. We are hoping to get away with watching the fireworks from the Centennial Bridge though I bet the police won't allow that. We will see... Come on out if that's your sort of thing!
    I wanna ride!

Hmmmm....Sounds like the kind of adventure that may call for the BEER CHARIOT! Too bad the owner will be tied up at a Wilco show that night. Bummer.

If only a certain club I know that is comprised of members who like to ride bikes, drink beer, and keep beer close while riding bikes owned said BEER CHARIOT! then you could easily access it for such an undertaking. Just sayin'.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I'm game.

UPDATE: AG talked to Jen at Front Street and she is going to reserve the upper deck for us on Tuesday night. How cool!!! So, we will be veiwing a most colorful fireworks display from the deck at Front Street at the Freight House Tuesday night after a quick stop at Bent River Brewery in Rock Island. Charge your lights, inflate your tires, dress cool (temperate and style)! And, Cannady is right that the beer chariot should make an appearance...
    I wanna ride!

the browns are in

I'll meet up with you guys after work (8:30-ish).

HFDB
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Anyone have a light I can borrow? Otherwise I will have to see what I cab come up with.

I'm in. Hopefully my bike won't give a sh*t by then.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Ann and I are in and my bike definitely won't give a sh*t.

I'm in!

I'm in for FS a little after 9. I work until then, but I'm riding my bike to work. This way I can just ride over there when I'm off and don't have to worry about parking.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xtibdq
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS