Thread: Just moved from Colorado - Where is a good place to camp and ride for a weekend?

Default Just moved from Colorado - Where is a good place to camp and ride for a weekend?

I'm new to the Davenport area. Just moved from Boulder, CO for school. Looking to camp and ride one weekend. Any recommendations on a good spot within 3 hours of Davenport where I can do both?

Thanks!

Welcome! There are a bunch of options within 3 hours of Davenport. The closest would be Scott County park in Parkview, IA which is 15 minutes North of Davenport. There are 12 miles of single track out there and the campgrounds are quite nice. Sugarbottom up near Coralville / Iowa City has fun trails and a campground. That's an hour from Davenport. There is Blue Mound Park in Blue Mounds, WI (by Mt. Horeb) which has camping and kick-ass trails (more technical). That is a 2 1/2 hour trip and is due West of Madison, WI. Kettle Moraine Southern Unit (John Muir, Emma Carlin and the connector trail) on the East side of Madison is probably 3, maybe pushing 3 1/2 hours and offers tons of riding though the campground is more of a drive than a bike ride away. Fun fun trails there too. The Peoria area has a campground in Bushnell, IL at Jubilee State Park which is an hour and a half or maybe hour forty minute drive from Davenport. Twenty 20 minutes further South of Jubilee is Farmdale Reservoir (check out www.pambamtb.org) in East Peoria, Independence Park and Dirksen Park in Pekin, IL, and 40 minutes out from Jubilee is Black Partridge Park in Metamora, IL.
    I wanna ride!

Moved to Iowa from Colorado? I'm sorry.

I'm looking to check out areas close to Davenport as well, so if you are ever looking for someone to ride with hit me up.

If you've got a weekend to burn, and you don't mind driving 5 hours, go north to Levis-Trow Mounds near Neillsville, WI. Totally worth the drive.

Board Position
    President

It's only about 4hrs. Can be done in a day. I plan on hitting it soon. Very soon. Though it will be a weekender.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Don,
    Someone stole that trek we bought from you. Right out of my buddys garage. Any chance you still have a serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by Wagener2000 View Post
    Don,
    Someone stole that trek we bought from you. Right out of my buddys garage. Any chance you still have a serial number?
    I'll send you a PM