Thread: This community rocks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This community rocks!

Hey guys, I'm new to biking in the quad cities and recently got a nice bike and checked out the trails. I saw the FORC logo on some of the signs in the parks. I found this website, and I just wanted to say YOU GUYS ROCK! The trails are awesome, and it seems like there is a lot of good vibes going on around here. So kudos to everyone who did their part in making the trails and online community what it is today. I hope to meet a lot of you at the bike fest this weekend. So if you see a younger guy on a white trek, don't be hesitant to come say hi!

I wanna ride!

Fester see Chiro_biker and say hello if Fester see.
    These FORC'ers are super okay I agree!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiro_biker View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to biking in the quad cities and recently got a nice bike and checked out the trails. I saw the FORC logo on some of the signs in the parks. I found this website, and I just wanted to say YOU GUYS ROCK! The trails are awesome, and it seems like there is a lot of good vibes going on around here. So kudos to everyone who did their part in making the trails and online community what it is today. I hope to meet a lot of you at the bike fest this weekend. So if you see a younger guy on a white trek, don't be hesitant to come say hi!
    Welcome! Glad you like the trails. A lot of hard working mountain bike addicts have made this community what it is today. Still baffles me just how far this club has come. Probably why I live 12 hrs west of the QC and still am an avid member. Hope you like beer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So if you see a younger guy on a white trek, don't be hesitant to come say hi!
    Hmm... "younger" is a relative term...

I'm new to biking in the quad cities
    Welcome. hope to see you this weekend.

Hmm... "younger" is a relative term...
    so true. is that 'cause we don't act our age?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Younger as in the dashing 24 year old at Sunderbruch this afternoon. There was a group of ladies there, I assume it was some members of this site because of the decals on the cars. If anyone is going out tomorrow, I'm all for it.

[QUOTE=Chiro_biker;15598]There was a group of ladies there, I assume it was some members of this site because of the decals on the cars. QUOTE]

Those were a few of our local Dirt Divas (unofficial subgroup of FORC). They are to be loved AND feared.

[QUOTE=acw4red;15603]
    Those were a few of our local Dirt Divas (unofficial subgroup of FORC). They are to be loved AND feared.
    Amen! Yup, a few of us were out there yesterday. See you at the Fest!!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    President

If anyone is going out tomorrow, I'm all for it.
    Will be out at Scott County. Weather permitting.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Exciting feedback. Awesome and welcome to the fabulous world of FORC! As a vet of this motley crew, I feel inclined to warn you to steer clear of a few unstable interlopers: Fester (for obvious reasons), Krud (because following him anywhere will likely result in your season-ending injury) and Squirrel.

There's something peculiar about that Squirrel character...I can't quite place it, so I'd say keep your distance - just. in. case...I mean, who picks up a nickname after a bushy-tailed rodent?!? Can't be good. Don't worry. He's so damn fast you'll probably never see him anyway.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

AG - What time will you be heading there?