Thread: Thule Vertex 4 bike tilting hitch rack

Default Thule Vertex 4 bike tilting hitch rack

just bought this 4 bike rack and after finally getting rack set with the bikes i noticed that the inside bike is slapping on the rack down frame causing the paint on my new mamba is getting jacked and its only a couple day sold. Any ideas on coverings for the rack> something to protect the bike finish as well as the rack? i have to say that for the money it is a decent fold away, but.......Im not impressed with the room the bikes have..lots of movement and you have to put pedals through spokes and whatnot to get all bikes to fit. evhicle is a Mazda Tribute 4x4 and the night i bought, was the only option i thought i had...My wifes specialized and my Trek are fine, but when you move to smaller frame bikes....not so good can be a hugh PIA...any ideas would be great

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

shoulda bought a T2
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

or a KUAT
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

get some foam pipe insulation

What konabiker said. Those foam swim tubes are cheap and offer a lot of padding. I zip tied one to my rack for the same reason.

Or the best solution yet...

Return said bike rack, save a few dollars up, go to 1upusa.com and buy the best rack on the market, hands down. Made in the USA- Platteville, WI no less.

I LOVE mine.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Yep, I hate those racks that are held by the top tube. Scratches the hell out of your bikes and are a pain with unique or small frames. Tire mounted racks are the why to go (as listed above). Love my T2, but that 1upusa.com looks sweet! Unless you don't value your bikes I'd return it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think 3 bikes is max for the 1up rack but some poeple go 4

Get out and ride !!

Just got my 1upusa rack in delivered yesterday, that thing is a work of art. Seen Badfish1's and knew thats the way to go.