Thread: Trail work plans for the weekend!!! Check this out!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Trail work plans for the weekend!!! Check this out!!

Things are going GREAT!!!

BUT, we've got some more to do!!! Here's when I plan to be out there- If you'd like to lend a hand, we could sure use!! Call me up- 309-737-4762 and I'll let you know where I'm working. When? well-

I'm going to grab another load of wood today (Friday June 8th) then stay there working all afternoon/evening.I hope to head out for an Owls and Eagles trail session at about 6 Saturday Morning till about 10:30am- Grandkids Birthday party- then I may come back in the afternoon.

Sunday, I plan to get there about 8ish and stay till the dang trail is OPEN, or until my head pops, whichever comes 1st.

WE NEED-

The post holes under and around the bermed deck filled and tamped.

The tree on the trail coming BACK to the overlook deck need the upside of the cut brought back about another 12 inches. (Chainsaw work)

Dirtwork.

I hope to haul the planks down the bluff, finish the decking, Cut the upper radius and finish the exit as quickly as possible so I can help out with the dirtwork and other projects the rest of the weekend. There is a short section that needs to be redone if time allows, but the trail needs to be open 1st. I put in a plank crossing over a ravine to get the trail open, and I didn't want to use any lumber or take much time because there are so amny other projects that needed to be done. Its open, but Jake and I both hate it (for different reasons) and if time allows, I'd like to re route this now that we will have enough lumber to do it the way i should have done it the 1st time.

This thing is HUGE!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'll be there to ride at 7:30 Saturday. I can work for a bit after that.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

and we'll have an official trail day Sunday morning.

Last night, with 7 people on dirt work we built a huge amount of trail. Had this only been 3 or 4 peeps we wouldn't have built nearly as much as we did.

Just contributing an hour or so is so important to completing this project.

Keep an eye on this thread and the upcoming official trail day thread for more information.

Now, I'm gonna grab this trimmer and go whack weeds :-/
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Oh- yeah- I want to say thanks to "Dave"- I never met this dood before, he had read the forums ysterday, showed up with his screw gun and worked for about an hour helping us out!

Nice to meet you, Dave, and THANKS for the help, man. REALLY appreciate it!.

Everyone else I haven't met- be like DAVE! A little help from a lot of peeps goes a LONG way.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.