Thread: Trail Day Sunday 06/10/12 @ 8am

Default Trail Day Sunday 06/10/12 @ 8am

here it is folks, the gran-daddy of 'em all.

the goal, by the end of the work day, is to have Jubilee within inches of OPEN.

to do this, we're gonna need a turnout of 12 or more peeps. pretty sure you can make that happen.

if you can't make it right at 8am, that's perfectly OK. we're gonna be out there for a while so come out when you can and contribute as much or as little time as you have. giving even a half an hour goes toward helping this club complete this project.

here's what we need to do:

build trail. the route is flagged. piece of cake.

bring:
    flat shovel
    rogue hoes, if you have one cuz our fleet is down to 2.
    chainsaw
    hard garden rake
    bug spray
    hydration
    tasty libations
    snacks

wear:
    long pants
    gloves
    sturdy shoes - or "toe" shoes. <--- they are amazing, BTW.

we'll be starting where the first 6' x 20' bridge is, working our way around the ridge and ultimately connecting the entire trail.

when this part is finished, we'll then move over to the "observation" deck and connect up to the existing Jubilee trail. once this is complete (it's a very short distance and will go in quickly) we'll move up to the existing Jubilee trail and build the entrance to the Extension. this will ultimately OPEN THE TRAIL.

we need a 100% focused effort on this plan. there is no weed eating, fixing, or repairing that need to be done on this work day. everyone will be working together, as one force, to complete this trail. we do this, and it WILL GET DONE. it's simply amazing how quickly trail is built when EVERYONE is working TOGETHER towards the common goal.

when we're done, we'll probably hang out for a bit HFDB'n on the "observation" deck and marvel at the work everyone has put in over the past 8 months to make this thing happen. be a part of it, seriously. if you haven't been out to see what's going on, you owe it to yourself to witness in person just exactly how large the scale of this project has become. pictures do not do this project justice. you can either come out and be a part of it or wait until it's done, ride it, and be like "damn! I wish I woulda helped build that trail!"

FORC'rs already committed to trail day:
    Cannady
    Kings
    Mielke
    Raul
    Ray
    Struck

see YOU there.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Here is a small clip of the trail we're trying to open...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'll be there. I have a garden rake and a flat shovel that I will bring...........and High Lifes.

I know you already posted that I'm in...Just confirming. I'm in!
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I'll be there.

Yup.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Fleet of rogue hoes has increased from 2 to 8.

It's gonna be a good day.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Van is loaded up with shovel and bike. All I have to do now is get up on time.

I'm in, and I'll be there at 8
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.