Thread: A *HUGE* Thank You (and we aren't done yet!)

Thumbs up A *HUGE* Thank You (and we aren't done yet!)

I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about the work this club's members have been putting in. Going through the Sunderbruch maintenance log and counting up the hours, I was floored by the amount of time you all have been putting in to building this trail. I just have to share my excitement.

In just the past 30 days, FORC members - veterans and rookies alike - have devoted over TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN HOURS of their free time to help create what will be one of the coolest trails in the Midwest. This project is YOURS. There is absolutely no way Jubilee would ever be what it is going to be without all the sweat, blood, and beer poured into it's creation.

Here's another way to quantify how valuable your volunteer hours are. Nationally, the average value of one hour of volunteer time is $21.79, according to the Independent Sector's Value of Volunteer Time. That equates to $4673.96 in labor in just the last 30 days! Since FORC began the Jubilee Project in February, logging over 418 hours up until last night, FORC members have contributed $10491.89 in labor. That is absolutely incredible, and there's still trail to built and bridges to be constructed!

You are so close to finishing this project. I'm estimating 2, maybe 3 really strong dirt work trail days will get the remaining trail built. There is one bridge left that is in construction now, and there is another that needs some decking tacked down. Other than that, it's all dirt work from here <--- read: EASY!

I hope by reading this you share in my excitement. This is simply an amazing effort from a volunteer-only membership in such a short amount of time. We set out with a hugely ambitious plan to complete the Jubilee Project in time for the 'Fest and it's looking like you are going to make that happen.

I can't be more proud to be a member of FORC than I am right now. You guys are incredible. Thank you.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Ah, you special Steward Mielke. Everyone pitch in to make Jubilee ready for Fester's birthday party #06222012. Trail look beautiful. Keep work hard. FORC is best. I so happy I poo in Master Ray van.

Smells.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

This extension would not be possible without the working relationship that comes from good stewardship. While all of our parks have extremely capable Stewards and trailbuilders, Meilke's relationship with the Davenport is allowing FORC to really showcase some trailbuilding talent we haven't had the opportunity to share before.

The grant from River Action to improve trails as part of the "QC Wild Places" effort is being used to allow Hikers AND bikers the opportunity to experience Sunderbrook in ways not seen in this area before.

We are so excited at the features this trail will have! I don't think there's anything within 300 miles that has what we are building, and features similar to this make magazine covers- seriously. Dare I say- the Jubilee extension may be ony a mile long- but its World Class.

The work FORC has put into this trail has been incredible. There's been a lot of sweat put into this trail- and as we all know from previous trail building- sweat pays!

Thank you, everyone, for your continued efforts!

Fester poo smells like green apples. I hate green apples, my grandkids love em. Had to give them the van and get a new one.
    Last edited by Vibrato; 05-25-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Did a recon after work today.

Killer.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.