After consulting with my brain trust, I feel I need to clarify a few things about this endeavor:

First and foremost, this is (by necessity) going to be a fast-paced, fairly tightly scheduled undertaking. If you are looking to take your time and feel out a park or have trouble riding relatively fast or clearing most obstacles, there will be more low-key rides scheduled around 11:00 on Saturday. If you are a fairly avid rider, can keep up with the pack (we're riding fast but not riding break-neck, race-pace speeds), and feel confident in your ability to ride close to 40 miles of singletrack in about 5 hours - including travel time - then this is for you. As someone put it, "This is not a tour. It's an accomplishment." Unfortunately, having a hard deadline to return to Sco Co Pa by 2:30 in time for the Games, we can not afford for one person to ride a park in 45 minutes then wait while someone finishes in 60 minutes.

That being said, if you know your skill level and know that you most likely can't ride everything and keep up, but are cool with maybe cutting your ride short or curtailing in some way to make sure you're back at the lot at the predetermined time, you are more than welcome to join the group. Please understand I don't desire to exclude anyone but I know that we have to keep this schedule or we risk this event taking all day long (and there's too much other cool stuff to do to risk missing). Also, the weather looks to be great Fri - Sun, so you will have a chance to get in all 4 parks pretty much any time you want.

Also, we will NOT be stopping for lunch, so you need to leave SCP fully self-sufficient with all the food and beverage you'll need to get you by. I'm not saying we won't hit a Casey's or something to grab n go, but stopping at a watering hole is just not gonna be in the cards for this one. I know it sucks, but keep in mind there will be plenty of great beer to drink and company to enjoy back at the Fest.

Finally, I'm dropping the idea of coordinating with stewards to meet up with the Quad Festa group at pre-determined times...What was I thinking? Talk about a logistical nightmare!! IF there is interest in specific away rides, surely we'll have FORCers at camp willing to take out-of-towners on a quick trip.

(OK that wasn't a real "finally") If my QF group leaves SCP at 10:00 and another group wants to take a group out at 10:30, you're more than welcome, of course...It's your Fest! Spend it how you want. I can't reiterate enough: This is how I envision doing this thing. If you have a different vision, please post up and lead another group. You won't hurt my feelings in the least. However, trying to do this and make everyone happy will only stress me out - and if you know me, you know that me extra stressed is not good for anyone involved.

We'll have a big white board at registration with a sign up for all events including the 8:30 SCP ride, The 10:00 Quad Festa, 11:00 away rides, Not Lame Games, so on and so on. Be sure to sign up for the ride/events you want to do so you don't get left behind. If you have questions about the 8:30/10:00 Quad Festa (that's 8:30 lap at ScoCoPa followed by ~ 10:00 departure for Sunderbruch), feel free to post up here, PM me or text me 563-940-9712.

Finally, we don't have time for injuries. If your crash and hurt yourself, you will be left for dead. No...don't worry: We'll leave you with a few beers, a sharp stick and a flash light, but we will leave you.