Thread: Trail Day - Sunday 6/3/12

Default Trail Day - Sunday 6/3/12

You've made it to this thread so know one thing - we need YOU.

Sure, 8am is a bit early to get started on Sunday but we're gonna be out working for quite a while so if you can make it out at 9 or 10 or 11 or you only have an hour or so to help, COME ON OUT.

I'll say it again we NEED YOU. FORC needs you. The 2012 Midwest Mountain Bike Festival Quadfecta Festers need you.

T-minus 20 1/2 days until the Fest and Jubilee needs to be done before we kick off the Fest.

Nothing flashy about this work day. We're gonna build trail, and a bunch of it. The more trail you build, the sooner you get to ride this:

and this:

a little bit of this:

and a little bit of that:

some more of this:

and yes, you'll even get to ride this:

The work day will get kicked off at 8am Sunday morning. We're going to work until we're tired of not working.

We've got plenty of tools but if you've got a flat shovel, garden rake, loppers, chainsaw, etc...bring it.

Long pants, gloves, hydration are all recommended.

This is the most ambitious project FORC has ever taken on in such a short period of time. Be a part of something incredibly special for your club and your community. This trail is made of the stuff you see in bike magazines. Your kids will be bragging to their friends saying "my dad built this trail" 10 years from now. Participating in these types of work days gives you a true sense of pride that you're part of something special.

I don't care if you've been around since FORC was founded or you joined yesterday. Bring your a$$!

Seriously, FORC...let's get this thing DONE.

See YOU there.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Looking good guys! Super pumped for the trail to get finished up...hopefully I see the post about the next work day in time to make it out!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Weather permitting, 4:15 on Tueday June 5th. If you can't make it that early, just ride up to where we're at and we'll put you to work. (Riding clockwise, after LT and Tornado alley the trail turns right and starts down a long straight away. Slow down about there and look through the woods to your right.) Prefer peeps with strong backs and steady feet, we need some rough cut lumber carried from the field to the obstacle. Not a super long distance but kind of a hassle.

A bunch of doods would make it go quick and easy... and bring any HEAVEY DUTY screw guns you might have with all your batteries. We're driving 3 1/8 inch screws through cedar and oak. We'll put you to work with those, too.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Also, there will be some hardcore dudes on dirt work Wednesday starting around 5ish. Thursday night, around 6ish, there will be a few more guys out digging trail. Friday morning, there will be a few guys digging trail too. Probably gonna be digging trail on Saturday and Sunday. Keep an eye out on this forum when it gets closer to these days for time-specifics.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."