Thread: Thursday Group Ride 5/24 @ 5:30 - ScoCoPa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thursday Group Ride 5/24 @ 5:30 - ScoCoPa

Come out and ride Scott County Park on Thursday with your pals!

Meet at Pride Lake lot and we can do a half lap, lap, or lap and a half. NBD.

Hope to see everyone there- the more the merrier.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I will be there. The only FORC trail system left for me to ride and looking forward to it.

the brown's will be there. First doing some laps and then lapping up some refreshments.

^ NICE ^

I'm going to get there about an hour early if anyone wants to race a lap with me. Then I'll be happy to lead a friendly paced, no rider left behind lap.

It's going to be warm, so bring your water!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Sad that I can't get away to ride tonight. :( I rode Sco Co Pa yesterday. SO FUN! There is a small tree bent down over the trail on Canon's Loop that I couldn't get moved. It is in the middle area between the North and South section of Canon's (at roughly the 2/3 mark of Canon's).
    I wanna ride!

Default Bad weather

Just got an email here at work (from Rock Island County ):

Just an FYI - our Emergency Management Director, Jerry Shirk, has learned that the National Weather Service is predicting winds in excess of 70-80 MPH north of I-80 this afternoon and evening.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Just got an email here at work (from Rock Island County ):

Just an FYI - our Emergency Management Director, Jerry Shirk, has learned that the National Weather Service is predicting winds in excess of 70-80 MPH north of I-80 this afternoon and evening.
    The winds are brutal right now. Walked Sylvan at lunch and saw a few trees down.

What a great night to ride. Thanks for everyone that came out and made it a really enjoyable evening.

Hope to see everyone next Thursday.

Sunderbruch Park is the likely destination, but I will post next week to confirm.

Cheers!