Thread: Stolen mtn bike from local shop

Default Stolen mtn bike from local shop

Bike n Hike had one of their mtn bikes stolen from the store -- a Giant Revel 1 but with higher-end componentry than is normally spec'd out for that bike. Here's a similar Revel from the Giant website. Check their Facebook site for a picture of a "person of interest."

Trek Store had a bike swiped from them on Monday. I am awaiting details about that bike and hopefully a picture of the bike. There are enough of us out and about that maybe we can catch the thief(ves) or at least get our LBS their stuff back. Not much more worse than a thief... well other than a cheating, lying spouse! LOL.
    I wanna ride!

Unreal.

I would love for one of us to catch these fools.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I looked at the B n H facebook page, but didn't see any pics of a person of interest.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Check my Facebook homepage. I "shared it" from Steve Depron. Oops, Steve shared it from Nichole Depron:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater
    Last edited by Bexter; 05-16-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    I wanna ride!

The Trek Store bike was a Trek 7.2 FX (more of a fitness bike) and a pretty big frame -- a 22.5". It walked away from the outside display on Monday (between the period when bikes were all being taken out to the outside rack at opening before they were all secured -- about a 10 minute gap in time). Contact the police and/or the Trek Store if you have any information or sightings of this bike (trekstoredavenport@mchsi.com).

Last edited by Bexter; 05-16-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    I wanna ride!

Default picture of suspect

The suspect sold the Trek bike within an hour of stealing it. (It has since been recovered.) The Giant bike is still missing, as is the suspect. His story line when selling it was that he was moving and couldn't take the bike with him, yada yada. If you recognize the suspect or have any information regarding this case, please contact me and I can forward the info to the appropriate agencies. Thanks much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Giant thief left Bike n Hike on a test ride and went straight to a couple businesses right away trying to sell the bike for $100 and it was a $1,300 bike! I am guessing he was not from the RI area as he had to ask where Bike n Hike was.
    I wanna ride!