View Poll Results: Are You Gonna be a Part of FORC'n History?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes! See ya Saturday!

6 85.71%
  • Thinking about it...

0 0%
  • Sorry, can't make it.

1 14.29%

Thread: Trail Day - This Saturday 5/19/12 @ 9am!

Smile Trail Day - This Saturday 5/19/12 @ 9am!

Ok boys and girls, this is gonna be a trail day for the ages.

One week ago, on Mother's Day no less, 16 FORC members made huge leaps and bounds towards the completion of the Jubilee Extension.

Now, we bring you.....

PROJECT: PARTY DECK CONSTRUCTION

The deck has been designed and laid out, materials have been purchased, and now construction can begin!

Jake Ralfs, PR Director, FORC Facebook Manager, and Sunderbruch Trail Care Crew Member extraordinaire will be DA MAN for the day. He's got everything organized and will make sure things go smoothly.

If you've got some carpentry/construction experience, that will be a HUGE help! If you don't have this experience and want to help, come on out anyway!!! Be aware that heavy lifting will be involved in this phase of construction. We'll need a crew of 4-5 peeps to help with this project.

We'll need some tools so if you have any of the following, bring 'em along:
    -impact driver
    -screw gun
    -circular saw
    -chainsaw
    -tape measure
    -6' ladder(s)
    -batteries, batteries, and more batteries

Building the Party Deck is just one phase that we hope to make big strides in during this trail day.

We have A TON of other work that needs to be done, so we're looking for a great turnout!

- There's a few stretches of trail that still need built, so hopefully we can put together a Dirt Crew and knock out a big chunk of trail.
    For the Dirt Crew, we'll need:
    -flat shovel (we'll have 2 on hand)
    -rogue hoes (we'll have 3 on hand)
    -garden rake

- Also, weed whacking needs done. We'll have 2 Stihl w/whackers available for use. Depending on turnout, we'll put together a crew to knock down the weeds likely starting with the Green trails. If you have a w/whacker that can handle the tall weeds - this isn't your lawn we're talking about here - bring it out. If it's electric or battery powered, you're better off leaving it at home and hopping on the Dirt Crew instead ;-)
    -weed whackers (we'll have at least 2 on hand)
    -loppers
    -any other tools to whack weeds, face slappers and arm/leg grabbers

So all in all, we're shooting for 12 peeps at a minimum to get all this done. We're hoping more of you have a few hours of your Saturday morning to spare and help make this club and the trails even better than they already are!

One last point I need to make, and it's VERY important --- if you've never built trail or if you've never built a deck or even if you've never run a weed whacker, we want YOU. Building trail is something that only takes about 10-15 minutes of swinging a Rogue Hoe and suddenly you're an expert. There will be plenty of peeps to provide direction and answer any questions that you may have.

We greatly encourage you to show up and help. This isn't the status quo. Seriously, come help. You'll have fun, trust me. You'll want to wear long pants, sturdy shoes, and a pair of gloves.

This club was built on 2 things (well, 3 if you include beer): The Sylvan Island Stampede and TRAIL DAYS. There's no way FORC would be what it is today if it weren't for the members, old AND new, that come out and volunteer their own free time to create a better riding experience for everyone...and, we have a damn good time doing it!

The 2012 Midwest Mountain Bike Festival is right around the corner. Let's bust our butts, get this trail finished, and show all our visiting knobbies the kind of work FORC has become known for!

PLEASE, join your fellow FORC members in this monumental moment in this club's existence - Building the first ever Party Deck!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

FORC + Party + deck = HFDB fo sho! Damn, we're going to miss it. Sorry Trail Boss we will be in Wisco Saturday. Can't wait to ride this trail, you guys have out done yourselves on this one, sweet!

In!
    I wanna ride!

I'll be there. I have a couple cordless drills i can bring too.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I will be there. Can't wait! Really hope this all-important message isn't lost in the shuffle. Great post, Mielke!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    One last point I need to make, and it's VERY important --- if you've never built trail or if you've never built a deck or even if you've never run a weed whacker, we want YOU. Building trail is something that only takes about 10-15 minutes of swinging a Rogue Hoe and suddenly you're an expert. There will be plenty of peeps to provide direction and answer any questions that you may have.

We greatly encourage you to show up and help. This isn't the status quo. Seriously, come help. You'll have fun, trust me. You'll want to wear long pants, sturdy shoes, and a pair of gloves.

This club was built on 2 things (well, 3 if you include beer): The Sylvan Island Stampede and TRAIL DAYS. There's no way FORC would be what it is today if it weren't for the members, old AND new, that come out and volunteer their own free time to create a better riding experience for everyone...and, we have a damn good time doing it!
    Dirt Don't Hurt