Thread: HFDB Time Trial #1 May 10th @ SBP

Default HFDB Time Trial #1 May 10th @ SBP

It's time for a FORC'n good time, so let's get together for the first in a series of time trials.

Where: Sunderbruch Park, Davenport, IA

When: Thursday, May 10th 5:30pm **If you cannot make it right at that time it's no problem. Riders will be sent out individually every minute or so until everyone is done.**

All participants must be members of FORC and in good standing. If not a current member, no problem, we will have applications to become a member on site so you can participate.

This TT will be for all skill sets and riding ability. Don't be intimidated, it's going to be fast and fun!

In the event of a rain out or trail closure status, the TT will be moved to the next Thursday until Mother Nature allows us to race!

Bring your grillables, munchables and liquid consumables and we'll have one heck of a time in true FORC fashion. Call your buddies, friends, pals, acquaintances- heck, even give your enemies a shout to come have fun with us and compete for fast times on our local trails.

Let us know if there are any questions and we'll get you answers. Let's get this Summer season started early!

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Are there defined courses for the different skill sets or does everyone just go out and ride everything? Will Watermelon Pass be open by then?

Single predetermined course for all.

Can't wait, as long as mother nature holds off!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Will Watermelon Pass be open by then?
    No. Forget that Watermelon Pass ever existed. If and when it ever reopens, you'll be so excited you'll wish you had a change of clothes in the car.

Here's to the first HFDB TT of 2012!!!

Thanks Rual for coordinating it!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Can't wait, as long as mother nature holds off!!

No. Forget that Watermelon Pass ever existed. If and when it ever reopens, you'll be so excited you'll wish you had a change of clothes in the car.

Here's to the first HFDB TT of 2012!!!

Thanks Rual for coordinating it!
    I always keep a spare change of clothes in the car for random moments of excitement!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reminder to all, this Thursday you shouldn't miss the Time Trial being held at Sunderbruch Park. After the huge dump Mother Nature took on us last night, no rain is in the forecast through the week. Hopefully the trails dry well and are good to go on Thursday.

We will further talk about the TT at the membership meeting tonight at Sippi's.

Hope to see everyone there.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

IL try and be there bike is in the shop so depends on that see you there hopefuly

Hero dirt tomorrow! We're going to see some fast times fo shizzle.

On a side note: Neips, Kings, Squirrel and Struck will each have 2 minutes added to their time to make it fair on the rest of us.

Cheers!

Wont have to worry about me! You should actually spot me a couple minutes:-)

got bike back ready to go

Heading to sunderbruch now to do some weed cutting. Help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Heading to sunderbruch now to do some weed cutting. Help is much appreciated!
    and YOUR help is much appreciated!!! thank you!!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I think I'm out. Back is Fubar!

I'll be there with the 'ole Trek 4100.

What is the course going to be or is it a secret until we get there tomorrow night?

SUPERFLYGUY will be there! Looking forward to it. Just got some Crankskin frame protection put on tonight. Pretty good stuff and they actually sent me more than I ordered. I had ordered the 12 mil, but got a pretty large sample of 20 mil so ended actually using that for the downtube and top tube. Will see how it holds up but can always peel it and install the 12 mil some time down the road.

Gonna try to make it. Got the ol' Rocky Mountain torn down, cleaned, and readjusted after the muddy mess that was Matthiessen. Looking forward to my first experience at Sunderbruch.

I think the hero dirt has come and gone

Woooooohoooooo! Today is going to be a looong day here in this cube...

So stoked to get out and ride some nice single track again.

If you are on the fence on whether to come or not- GET YOUR S*** AND BE AT SUNDERBRUCH PARK AT 5:30!

See y'all there! Cheers!

It's nights like last night that make me proud to be a FORCer...

Thanks to all that came out and helped and participated in the first HFDB TT yesterday. Great turnout, awesome weather and even better people. Trails were a little less than desirable, but hey, we made do as usual. It was great seeing some new faces and meeting all of you. I hope to see you all a lot this summer.

Chris- Great job on kicking everyone's butt and good luck next weekend. That was a freakishly fast lap you did.

We will put out notice for the next HFDB TT in the coming weeks. I have no doubt it will be just as fun as this one.

Again, thanks to everyone that made it out. Even you, Fester.

Cheers!

Results!! (times are unofficial, timer may have been drinking)

Chris Scott 0:16:15
    King 0:16:38
    Squirrel 0:17:06
    Paul Struck 0:17:18
    Jake 0:18:06
    Ray 0:18:42
    Russhole 0:18:49
    Brian Parker 0:19:01
    Cannady #2 0:19:15
    Mielke 0:19:21
    Neips 0:19:36
    Joe Timmsen 0:19:54
    Thomas Behne 0:20:26
    Bruce Meminger 0:21:07
    Cannady #1 0:21:14
    Steve Dalbey 0:21:42
    Nate Scott 0:21:44
    Jason Westhoff 0:22:48
    Jeremiah J 0:24:28
    Gus Neumann 0:24:39
    Janel 0:25:44
    Jeff Kranz 0:26:41
    Augie 0:33:03
    Adam Vucic 0:13:49 Missed Trail
    Pete Scheidler 0:15:28 Missed Trail

Awesome turnout, thanks to all for coming out!!

Next time someone else times so I can ride my bike!

Great job, All! Best TT I've attended, I think. Best one I've ridden, too. Well, the 2nd time anyway. Thanks so much to you all for putting it on and for all who showed up. Club has probably never been stronger than it is today. Very stoked!
    Dirt Don't Hurt