Thread: RAGBRAI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have rode rigid, front sus, full sus and the mukluk on ragbrai (but never a road bike). This year I plan to take the moonlander...and rubber neckers...oh my. would seriously go a couple hundred feet before the next person asks the same questions about the fatbike. thinking about a t-shirt with common q&a on the back.

only issue i had was flat ground...without the 3rd crank you are pedaling all the time just to keep up. Up hills tho, domination (i love passing road bikes).

dl - sounds like you've got lotta experience RAGRAI (and lotta bikes!), any pointers for fairly newb's? I have checked out RAGBRAI site is great with lots of FAQ info.
    With the Q&A shirt you might print postcard/flyers with who/what/when/where/why/how of Fatbikes to hand out as you pass on the hills. That kid skatboarding, wow, all self propelled one leg at a time not land-skiing behind a bike.
    Looks like FORC of today makes a major presence where ever it goes, and was wondering if any FORC'ers are doing the trip (last three days is all we're doing) not ride as team but to meet for beering in evenings.