Thread: Paddling North Fork of Maquoketa on Saturday

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Paddling North Fork of Maquoketa on Saturday

This is a trip I have been wanting to do for a couple years. Some paddling clubs are getting together to do it. Anna & I will be joining them. Wanted to invite anyone else who might be interested. It is about a ninety minute drive from the QC.

CVP INVITES SIW MEMBERS TO FLOAT NORTH FORK MAQUOKETA APRIL 21:
    Pam Wolter of Cedar Valley Paddlers has invited SIW members to join them for a Saturday, April 21 float on the North Fork Maquoketa River. SIW members will not have to become CVP members to participate, but will have to sign the usual CVP liability waiver. To sign up for the float or get more info, contact Pam Wolter at cedarvalleypaddlers@gmail.com. Check out CVP at www.cedarvalleypaddlers.webs.com.

Participants should meet before 8:30 am at the D61 bridge over Whitewater Creek (SE of Cascade), run a prompt shuttle to Ozark Wildlife Area, and begin a full day on the river. In addition to approx 16 miles of river travel, Jones County Conservation Director Larry Gullett will lead a hike up a trail to a hill prairie site, overlooking the river, in search of spring wildflowers. Hiking boots and long pants are recommended, rattlesnakes are possible. Expect a moderate paddling pace and a full day. Hope for warm weather, plan for cold water, bring plenty of drinking water, high-energy snacks, and lunch.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I am looking for a few good drinking friends to come on this little trip down the river!

You should put in a bit further up Whitewater Creek, will add about 1.75 hours to your float, but well worth it!