Can't believe its been eight years!

I'll never forget that first year! It all started with a conversation Jim Ghys and I had on a late winter afternoon in 2003 about the lack of a real MTB scene in the QC. Nobody but us really thought a race on Sylan Island was a good idea! Hell FORC wasn't really sure about it and the race didn't become an offical FORC race until the next year. Some people wanted to change the name of the island to injury island, telling us we would need an ambulance on the Island all day just to haul people be off when they went down (we didn't need one). They also said no one would make it one lap with out getting a flat, we had flats but about as many as we had yesterday. Never will forget one of the first flats in a SIS (remember Huck), this local guy decided that the best bike for a race like this would be a cross bike, do I need to say more? The guy in the sport race yesterday on what looked like a cross bike brought back alot of memories of that first race.

So a BIG thanks to Kings, Neips, and everyone else thats stepped up and volunteered their time over the past eight years to help keep the dream alive! A real big thanks to Jim Ghys and Bruce Grell, because with out their knowledge of bike racing and the biking industy that frist year would have never happened!

Now this is my opinion and my opinion alone, so don't go getting all pissed off if you don't agree! But I think the SIS is one of the number one reasons this club is what it is today!

P.S. Can't wait for 2014 and the big 10!

JB