Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Anyone with rear derailleur and chain install experience want to meet me later this afternoon at the Island for a (hopefully) quick adjustment and ride? I have my bike put together; however, I think I need to trim my power link chain a little. I'm too timid to do it myself. Also my rear derailleur is shifting but seems to be off by one as I can't get to my highest gear and when I'm in my lowest gear I have another click left. Seems like I'm almost there. I'll have all the tools needed. I'm just missing the brain that knows how to make the adjustment.

Any takers? My bike is almost ready for its maiden voyage. Can't wait!
Sounds like you need to set the high and low on it. Just look at it from the rear and turn the screw until the cog on the derailleur is aligned. Make sure the chain can get into the biggest chainring in the front and biggest cog in the rear, but can also go on the smallest in the front and smallest in the back with still having tension. Shift between 2nd and 3rd cog and make sure it's shifting good to both. Slow to get to 2nd to 3rd means it needs more cable tension so turn barrel on shiftier away from you, if it's slow from 3rd to 2nd it's too tight so turn barrel towards you. This should all be on the instructions. Come on man! Your a college educated man, you can figure this out.