Thread: Loud Thunder Cleanup Day!

Default Loud Thunder Cleanup Day!

http://qconlineauction.com/site/view_ad.php?v=642550

Maybe this could help us get back out there?!

Remember that we did not get kicked out of LT, we left, and I suspect for the precise reason that they must advertise on QCONLINE to get people out to help. FORC was the only group doing any sort of maintenance in that park.

As an organization, we have taken the stance that we are not willing to put any more volunteer labor into parks in the Quad Cities where unsafe conditions exist and one user group does not respect the others.

By the way: I am not in any way attempting to discourage anyone from going out and volunteering their time, I am only attempting to educate those which may not know on our history on the subject. For the record, I would LOVE to see us able to start working on a separate natural surface bike/hike trail at LT.

I remember and agree with the club's current stance - just thinking that it might be a good PR opportunity for FORC to re-establish connections with whatever ranger is there now and/or new people that might be interested in establishing trails for bikes...especially in light of Illiniwek's recent establishment and relative success.

Assuming no horse people show up, it would also illustrate their lack of participation and might validate FORC's view that, if we were to come back, it would have to be on separate trails like the other parks. Just a thought...

Regardless, it's a park with its own charm and tons of potential - and I wanted to help spread the word about the cleanup effort.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    I remember and agree with the club's current stance - just thinking that it might be a good PR opportunity for FORC to re-establish connections with whatever ranger is there now and/or new people that might be interested in establishing trails for bikes...especially in light of Illiniwek's recent establishment and relative success.

Assuming no horse people show up, it would also illustrate their lack of participation and might validate FORC's view that, if we were to come back, it would have to be on separate trails like the other parks. Just a thought...

Regardless, it's a park with its own charm and tons of potential - and I wanted to help spread the word about the cleanup effort.
    You're absolutely right!

"to help clean up trails, not just for horse riders we are asking everyone to join us"

That statement makes me think it IS an equestrian group organizing this, which actually is a good thing if that's the case, it shows that some people in the group are willing to start stepping up and helping out!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    I remember and agree with the club's current stance.
    +1!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    That statement makes me think it IS an equestrian group organizing this, which actually is a good thing if that's the case, it shows that some people in the group are willing to start stepping up and helping out!
    Good point - let's hope that's the case!

Would be worth a note of thanks to the Illinois City Saddle Club.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Very VERY nice to see those guys stepping up, that's awesome!

Did anyone attend this event?