Thread: Great Mississippi River Adventure Series (GMRAS) Adventure Race - Sat., June 30th

Default Great Mississippi River Adventure Series (GMRAS) Adventure Race - Sat., June 30th

Fellow Adventurers!!!

The Great Mississippi River Adventure Series (GMRAS) Adventure Race will be held in the QCA and surrounding areas this year! We're still acquiring permits and permissions so the event is not 100% finalized but should be soon! The tentative date is set for Saturday, June 30, 2012. SAVE THE DATE! There will be a 12 & 24 hour event. This will be a supported race. Information will be posted soon at http://gmras.net/ Until then (or anytime!) please contact John or myself for details!

Disciplines will include orienteering, biking on both roads and trails, canoeing, hiking, a ropes event (undetermined), urban trekking, and a fun surprise event we think you'll love!

Sorry for the late notice but this is new terrain for us! PLEASE spread the word - if you're a member of FORC, QCBC, Cornbelt, QC Women's Outdoor Club or other affiliations, please post and encourage folks to come out and play! Should be a great race experience and we'd love to make this the biggest and best GMRAS ever! If you want to be involved but are not quite ready for the challenge, we need MANY volunteers and would greatly appreciate your support!

Please send email inquiries to rebeccahebelerpeterson@gmail.com.

Rebecca & John Peterson
    I wanna ride!

GMRAS 2012 is ON! Visit http://www.gmras.net/ (& click on the logo!) for details!

Sign up on GET ME REGISTERED (appears as GREAT MISSISSIPPI RIVER ADVENTURE SERIES - JUNE 30)

We also desperately need race support! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me at 563-210-4436 or rebeccahebelerpeterson@gmail.com. Volunteering is a great way to get involved and see whether adventure racing is for you!

***Special thanks to Louis Landphair for drastically improving our website!! It looks great!
    I wanna ride!

Attention GMRAS racers: the June 30, 2012 12 & 24 Hour Adventure Races have been cancelled.

Our apologies for your disappointment (and ours) but due to the lack of teams, we cannot justify moving forward. We greatly appreciate the support of our loyal racers and fully intend to hold this race in 2013 as a USARA sanctioned race; please continue to check the site regularly and sign up early when the race for next year is announced!!

Thank you to everyone who has helped in preparation of the race - we appreciate your time and support.

*If you have already signed up, your entry will be fully refunded.

Questions, please email rebeccahebelerpeterson@gmail.com or call John at 563-343-3217.
    I wanna ride!